Distribution Center Associate-1
Summary: Responsible for handpicking items from pallets on shelves for packaging from pick tickets, boxing items and preparing cartons for shipping, which may include placing items on conveyor and routing to proper area. Palletizing packed cartons for shipping, weighing packages, entering data and labeling items appropriately, operating mechanical jacks, and fork lifts to transport product, performing necessary paperwork for filing for specific customers. Unload and counting incoming product, and various material handling duties which may require a counter balanced forklift or pallet jack.
Principle Duties, Responsibilities, and Authority
- Operate a hand pallet jack. May use a forklift, pallet truck (walkie-rider) if certified.
- Unload trailers with a forklift.
- Unload trailers onto pallets by TOPS specifications.
- Operate personal computer equipment and RF (radio frequency) hand-held wands.
- Deliver merchandise to designated locations in DC by proper procedure.
- Responsible for knowing customer requirements for building a pallet (i.e. height of pallet, label location, etc).
- Follow all safety rules and regulations as well as Company rules and regulations.
- Maintain satisfactory performance levels.
- Assist in special projects as required.
- Participate in process improvement teams.
- Work overtime as required.
- Perform other duties as required.
Minimum Requirements: Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Must have a high school diploma or GED.
- Must be able to perform all physical demands of the position including bending, stooping, reaching, walking continuously, and lifting up to 50 lbs., frequently.
- Must be able to read and comprehend simple instructions, written correspondence, memos, and have the ability to write simple correspondence.
- Must be able to perform basic math skills to include addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division.
- Prefer certification to operate the mechanical power lift devices such as forklift and/or pallet truck.
- Prefer ability to operate personal computer equipment and RF (radio frequency) hand-held wand.
Working Conditions: Time is spent on the factory floor in a factory environment. Personal safety equipment could include safety glasses, hearing protection, and possibly safety shoes. Building is temperature controlled but would be exposed to heat, cold, humidity, machine noises, and is in the proximity of moving machine parts.
This job description should not be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, authority, skills or efforts associated with this job.
ADDENDUM TO JOB DESCRIPTION
PURPOSE: In addition to the minimum job requirements for knowledge, skills, and abilities covered on the job description for this position, this addendum reflects minimum physical requirements, tools/equipment, materials and personal protective equipment needed in the performance of the essential functions of this job.
Physical Demands: The position requires standing, walking, pushing, pulling, lifting, carrying, grasping, handling, reaching, climbing, bending, squatting, balancing, seeing, listening, talking, and communicating.
I.Machines, Tools, Equipment used in reference to requirements of the job.
- Scissors Lift
- Air Staplers
- Hand Jacks
II.Physical Demands of the Job (walking, lifting, talking)
- Continuous standing/walking for up to 10 hours.
- Occasional climbing, including fixed set of stairs and/or on or off fork trucks.
- Occasional balancing while lifting product.
- Occasional lifting or carrying of up to 50 pounds. Lift range from floor up to 52 inches.
- Frequent lifting or carrying of up to 35 pounds. Lift range from floor up to 52 inches.
- Constant lifting or carrying of up to 25 pounds. Lift range from floor up to 52 inches.
- Frequent lifting or carrying of up to 20 pounds to overhead heights. Lifts range from floor up to 84 inches.
- Frequent to constant reaching, ranging from below waist to overhead.
- Frequent bending.
- Frequent squatting.
- Frequent to constant grasping and/or manipulation.
- Pushing up to 20-30 pound boxes of product with two hands on a constant basis.
- Pulling up to 20-30 pound boxes of product on a constant basis.
- Utilizing visual and auditory skills constantly.
III.Person Protective Equipment
- Safety Glasses (Goggles / Shields) – required when using air tools.
Equal Opportunity Employer
ACCO Brands is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. The Company provides equal employment opportunity to all persons without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Accommodation for applicants with disabilities will be provided in all parts of the recruiting process as required under the ACCO Brands Canada AODA policy. Applicants are asked to make their needs known in advance.