Business Development Specialist (Kensington)
At Kensington, we pride ourselves on an entrepreneurial culture that empowers us to think creatively, share our thoughts, collaborate, and voice our opinions. It’s how we’ve innovated, inspired, led, learned, and succeeded for 40 years. Headquartered in San Mateo, California, Kensington is a division of ACCO Brands (NYSE: ACCO), one of the world’s largest designers, marketers, and manufacturers of branded academic, consumer and business products, sold in more than 100 countries across the globe.
ACCO Brands is seeking an Business Development Specialist for Kensington, in the Austin, TX location. The Business Development Specialist will be responsible for developing regional Enterprise pipeline strategy, sourcing new sales opportunities and build pipelines.
- Report to a Director of Sales and take guidance from a seasoned Regional Business Development Manager (BDM).
- Administer sales operations with bid processing and manage pipeline assignments.
- Develop regional Enterprise pipeline strategy through CMR reports.
- Manage weekly lead placement and salesforce reporting.
- Lead and actively participate and customer councils.
- Own event lead development and pipeline management.
- Schedule opportunity updates from the outside sales team to support supply chain decisions.
- Act as a liaison between our parent company customer service department and Kensington pertaining to customer product inquiries.
- Source new sales opportunities through inbound lead follow-up and outbound cold calls and emails.
- Partner with channel partners to build pipeline and close deals.
- Collaborate with Channel Marketing team regarding marketing materials, and determine customer based solution and marketing materials.
- Manage the travel and expense budget.
- Occasional travel needed.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent.
- 3+ years of sales related experience
- Proven Sales leader experiences.
- Experience working with Salesforce.com is highly preferred.
- Track record of critical thinking and willingness to take on new projects.
- Strong ability to learn features & benefits of new products and their applications.
- Proficient with corporate productivity and web presentation tools.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Strong active listening and presentation skills.
- Strong ability to multi-task, prioritize and manage time effectively.
You know our brands. You love our brands. You just may not know they are ours. If you have touched a PowerA® gaming controller, a Five Star® notebook, a Swingline® stapler, a Quartet® dry erase board, or a Kensington® computer mouse, you have touched part of ACCO Brands Corporation. With annual revenues of nearly $2 Billion, ACCO Brands (NYSE: ACCO) designs, markets, manufactures and sells branded academic, consumer and business products globally. The power of our brands, our unmatched global customer reach, and our strategic market strengths put us in a position to achieve global leadership and growth. We're proud of our long history of industry leadership and innovation and are focused on delivering exceptional value to our customers by providing unique, cutting-edge, branded products.
Apply and build your future with ACCO Brands.
More information about ACCO Brands, the Home of Great Brands Built by Great People, can be found at www.accobrands.com.
Equal Opportunity Employer
ACCO Brands is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. The Company provides equal employment opportunity to all persons without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Accommodation for applicants with disabilities will be provided in all parts of the recruiting process as required under the ACCO Brands Canada AODA policy. Applicants are asked to make their needs known in advance.