Senior SAP BW Developer
Achieve. Create. Collaborate. Organize.
Essential brands. Innovative products. Smart investment. Winning team. This is what you will find at ACCO Brands. We are passionate about building a culture that is committed to the success of our employees. If you are looking for an organization that offers rewarding opportunities and is dedicated to team orientation, learning and development, and flourishes with success, we invite you to be a part of building our company for the future.
ACCO Brands is seeking an SAP BW HANA Developer to join our Information Technology team in Lake Zurich, IL. This position will support the team as a subject matter expert in SAP BW HANA. They will be responsible for defect resolution, end-user support and system enhancements. This includes configuration, unit testing, integration testing, documentation, and communication with various user communities. The candidate should possess hands on experience in development of SAP BW HANA, HANA Data Model Design, HANA Landscape Transformation Replication Server (SLT) Configuration and visualization tools development such as Business Object Webi, Analysis for Office, SAP Lumira/SAP Analytics.
- Advocate for modernization efforts and support implementation of the ACCO Enterprise Data Warehouse. Lead the effort of delivering top BI and reporting solutions and the Self-Service BI platform.
- Liaise between the IT team and collaborate with various decision makers, trusted business partners, and customers for developing the most effective BI strategy for achieving business value.
- Provide the overall architecture solution design and development guidance. Design and support data structures to optimize data load times and end-user data access response times.
- Create best practices, data aggregation strategies, master data definitions, technical documentation and data extract procedures. Develop and deliver required technical design for BW HANA Technical Development of Data Modeling and HANA Calculation Views in Control Reports.
- Perform technical analysis, design, development, testing, and deployment of reporting capabilities for maintenance and enhancement of SAP BW flows to support business analytics and reporting requirements.
- Develop SAP HANA data model using ADSO, Attribute View, Analytic View, and Calculation View.
- Design, develop and share frontend visualization tools and dashboards using Business Objects WEBI, SAP Lumira/SAP Analytics on Cloud.
- Responsible for achieving objectives yielding deliverables for their area within the project plan.
- Work with the project managers/owners to understand the business requirements, participate actively in project deliverables including System Requirements, Specification Requirements Traceability Matrix and Functional Specs Test Plan preparation, which also includes defining Test Scope, test execution activities and run plan.
- Support Test Scenarios with identification and management of test data, including the preparation of Test Data.
- Develop work products such as Training and reference guides, work Instructions, simulations, and deliver training.
- Design and build ETL jobs: BW data flows, SAP Data Services.
- Understand and diagnose incident root cause and take corrective action to resolve. Implement preventative measures. Analyze, design, code and test break/fix requests and enhancements to data model and reporting components.
- Bachelor’s degree Engineering, Computer Science or Business discipline or equivalent work experience.
- 5+ years of experience in SAP BW, BI and analytics.
- Strong business acumen and understanding in a business process area (Finance, Supply Chain, Procurement, and Manufacturing) and proven track record in leading and developing complex SAP HANA BW/BI enterprise solutions for global organizations.
- Experience in development of SAP BW HANA, HANA Data Model Design, HANA Landscape Transformation Replication Server (SLT) Configuration, visualization tools development such as Business Object Webi, Analysis for Office, SAP Lumira/SAP Analytics.
- Advanced working knowledge of SAP ECC and SAP BI Technologies (BW, BO).
- Advanced query management in MS SQL Server and SAP BW Hana.
- Experience working with SAP reporting tools including Web Intelligence, Analysis for Office, Lumira, SAP Analytics Cloud, and/or BEx.
- Experience working with traditional data warehouses and familiarity with custom built OLAP cubes.
- Experience working together with functional consultants & business process owners to understand and document functional requirements and to devise appropriate test scenarios.
- Extensive knowledge of multi-tiered database systems development including front end development, middle tier service development, and back end database development.
- Experience developing end-user learning documentation including concept slides, work instructions, exercise guides, quick reference guides, system demonstration, web-based simulation tutorials and exercise.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, including experience with executive-level communication.
- Hands on delivery of best practices spanning all phases of a project's lifecycle.
- 10% Travel required internationally and/or domestically.
- SAP BW HANA Certification.
- Advanced degree in Data Science and analytics or MBA.
- Minimum 2+ end-to-end SAP BW HANA(Cloud) project development implementation experience including LSA++ Architecture.
- Minimum of 2+ years in deploying SAP BW NATIVE HANA and 1+ years of ABAP / SQL development. Proficient with SAP BW on HANA system architecture design and performance optimization.
- Experience in design and development of MultiProviders, InfoCubes, InfoSources, Transfer Structures, DataStore Objects (DSO), Transformations and Data Transfer Process (DTPs), InfoPackages, Transfer Rules and Update Rules.
- General understanding and technical expertise of enterprise-class ETL/BI tools (Oracle BIEE, IBM Cognos, SAS, Informatica, Tableau).
- Exposure to BODS / ETL / SQL Script Tool HANA.
- Knowledge of Big Data, HADOOP, and a track record of implementing Big Data and Predictive Analytics strategies.
- Advanced working knowledge of COGNOS and Microsoft’s BI Stack (SQL Server, SSIS, SSRS, SharePoint).
- Experience with visualization tools such as Tableau, Qlik View, Power BI, SAP Analytics Cloud, etc.
- Financial acumen.
- Prior Experience in CPG.
You know our brands. You love our brands. You just may not know they are ours.
If you have touched a Five Star® notebook, a Swingline® stapler, a Quartet® dry erase board, or a Kensington® computer mouse, you have touched part of ACCO Brands Corporation. With annual revenues of nearly $2 Billion, ACCO Brands (NYSE: ACCO) designs, markets, manufactures and sells branded academic, consumer and business products globally. The power of our brands, our unmatched global customer reach, and our strategic market strengths put us in a position to achieve global leadership and growth. We're proud of our long history of industry leadership and innovation and are focused on delivering exceptional value to our customers by providing unique, cutting-edge, branded products.
Apply and build your future with ACCO Brands.
More information about ACCO Brands, the Home of Great Brands Built by Great People, can be found at www.accobrands.com.
Equal Opportunity Employer
ACCO Brands is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. The Company provides equal employment opportunity to all persons without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Accommodation for applicants with disabilities will be provided in all parts of the recruiting process as required under the ACCO Brands Canada AODA policy. Applicants are asked to make their needs known in advance.