Achieve. Create. Collaborate. Organize.
Essential brands. Innovative products. Smart investment. Winning team. This is what you will find at ACCO Brands. We are passionate about building a culture that is committed to the success of our employees. If you are looking for an organization that offers rewarding opportunities and is dedicated to team orientation, learning and development, and flourishes with success, we invite you to be a part of building our company for the future
ACCO Brands is seeking a Transportation Analyst (TA) responsible to assists the transportation managers, in developing and managing reports to improve transportation operations. The transportation analyst will report on key metrics and use statistical information to highlight issues or anomalies. Using their data analysis skills, the TA will identify potential data integrity problems and work with the corresponding groups (i.e., IT, shipment planning, etc.) to resolve. This position reports to the Sr. Transportation Systems and Analysis Manager.
- Provide subject-matter expertise on all systems used to support transportation management (MS SQL adhoc queries and performance dashboards).
- Manage IT-related projects from a business perspective.
- Create and support standardized transportation metrics, dashboards, and reports.
- Support Network Design, Cost Optimization studies for Transportation, Warehouse, and Inventory costs.
- Support Month, Quarter and Year-end financial reconciliation for outbound and inbound transportation costs.
- Track performance against established metrics.
- Build business case and justification for IT projects.
- Ensure project schedules are accurately managed and the IT department is meeting business needs.
- Analyze sales & freight data to look for insights on cost drivers and look for savings opportunities.
- 4-year college degree or equivalent years of related experience required.
- Advanced user of Microsoft Excel, VBA, and SQL.
- Demonstrated 1-2 years of experience in Operations, Transportation or Supply chain specializing in the area of data analysis, modeling and simulation.
- Highly detail oriented and solid analytical skills required.
- Strong communication skills required (verbal and written).
- Must be self-motivated, organized, and have strong sense of urgency and “take charge” initiative.
- Advanced degree in Supply Chain, Logistics, Industrial Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering or other technical and/or analytical field.
- 2-3 years of experience in key functional areas: supply chain management, logistics, decision support, transportation management, distribution or procurement functional responsibilities.
- Experience with Alteryx, Tableau and Power-Bi is a plus.
- SAP BW Hana preferred.
- Knowledge and experience with Transportation Management Systems, SAP preferred.
- Strong knowledge and understanding of supply chain, transportation, inventory and warehousing concepts, methods & modes.
- Experience collecting and analyzing data for modeling, network optimization and/or transportation redesign purposes.
You know our brands. You love our brands. You just may not know they are ours. If you have touched a PowerA® gaming controller, a Five Star® notebook, a Swingline® stapler, a Quartet® dry erase board, or a Kensington® computer mouse, you have touched part of ACCO Brands Corporation. With annual revenues of nearly $2 Billion, ACCO Brands (NYSE: ACCO) designs, markets, manufactures and sells branded academic, consumer and business products globally. The power of our brands, our unmatched global customer reach, and our strategic market strengths put us in a position to achieve global leadership and growth. We're proud of our long history of industry leadership and innovation and are focused on delivering exceptional value to our customers by providing unique, cutting-edge, branded products.
Apply and build your future with ACCO Brands.
More information about ACCO Brands, the Home of Great Brands Built by Great People, can be found at www.accobrands.com.
Equal Opportunity Employer
ACCO Brands is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. The Company provides equal employment opportunity to all persons without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Accommodation for applicants with disabilities will be provided in all parts of the recruiting process as required under the ACCO Brands Canada AODA policy. Applicants are asked to make their needs known in advance.