Associate Product Manager
Achieve. Create. Collaborate. Organize.
Essential brands. Innovative products. Smart investment. Winning team. This is what you will find at ACCO Brands. We are passionate about building a culture that is committed to the success of our employees. If you are looking for an organization that offers rewarding opportunities and is dedicated to team orientation, learning and development, and flourishes with success, we invite you to be a part of building our company for the future.
ACCO Brands is seeking an Associate Product Manager focused on ACCO’s business growth strategies and execution. Based in the company’s Kettering, Ohio location, this role will actively support all elements of our product marketing mix, inclusive of pricing, product development, distribution strategy and merchandising. This position collaborates with many functional areas and is focused on product management responsibilities.
- Support three year product portfolio strategy, with accountability for specific long term projects and short term tasks amongst multiple categories.
- Lead cross-functional teams on specific project assignments (i.e. new products, packaging, cost savings, inventory management, and go to market programs).
- Conduct financial analysis of product portfolio to support customer programs and product mix management.
- Execute plans within committed resources and processes in conjunction with management direction.
- Participate in product/category customer presentations along with sales and channel teams as needed.
- Mine industry and user data for new insights for the business, products and market(s).
- Assess competition/threats and recommend plan of action.
- Assist in the development of annual objectives, programs and projects, which will improve the annual results.
- Assist in annual product life cycle planning.
- Undergraduate degree required; Bachelors in Business or Marketing highly preferred.
- 1-3 years of experience in product, brand, channel, sales or project management.
- Experience from a consumer products company is preferred.
- Strong project management skills and ability to complete financial analysis - attention to detail is critical.
- Ideal candidate must have the ability to work cross functionally within a matrix organization; influencing decisions and driving the business.
- Ability to embrace change, and having a learning and growth mindset.
- Ability to bring innovation, creativity and a digital transformation mindset into marketing, product and service design and offerings to make an impression.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills.
- Must possess good business instincts, problem solving and decision making capability.
- Can-Do Mindset; the ability to thrive in a fast paced, virtual environment.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work with individuals across all organizational levels.
- MS Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint) skills required; creative digital design experience and knowledge of Adobe photo editing programs preferred.
- Ability to travel up to 20% is required.
- Is excited about the success of the business and passionate in achieving results that align to company goals.
You know our brands. You love our brands. You just may not know they are ours. If you have touched a PowerA® gaming controller, a Five Star® notebook, a Swingline® stapler, a Quartet® dry erase board, or a Kensington® computer mouse, you have touched part of ACCO Brands Corporation. With annual revenues of nearly $2 Billion, ACCO Brands (NYSE: ACCO) designs, markets, manufactures and sells branded academic, consumer and business products globally. The power of our brands, our unmatched global customer reach, and our strategic market strengths put us in a position to achieve global leadership and growth. We're proud of our long history of industry leadership and innovation and are focused on delivering exceptional value to our customers by providing unique, cutting-edge, branded products.
Apply and build your future with ACCO Brands.
More information about ACCO Brands, the Home of Great Brands Built by Great People, can be found at www.accobrands.com.
Equal Opportunity Employer
ACCO Brands is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. The Company provides equal employment opportunity to all persons without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Accommodation for applicants with disabilities will be provided in all parts of the recruiting process as required under the ACCO Brands Canada AODA policy. Applicants are asked to make their needs known in advance.