Senior Financial Analyst
Achieve. Create. Collaborate. Organize.
Essential brands. Innovative products. Smart investment. Winning team. This is what you will find at ACCO Brands. We are passionate about building a culture that is committed to the success of our employees. If you are looking for an organization that offers rewarding opportunities and is dedicated to team orientation, learning and development, and flourishes with success, we invite you to be a part of building our company for the future.
ACCO Brands is seeking a Senior Finance Analyst who will have end-to-end responsibility for the development and execution of customer agreements. This role reports to the Director of Finance for Decision Support/Customer Programs, and collaborates with leaders in US and Canada Sales, Marketing, Operations and our Legal Counsel to develop the annual contracts. The role also works closely with Finance and the Sales teams to ensure the contracts are executed accurately. The individual in this role will be involved in planning, reporting and analysis related to consumer promotions, customer growth initiatives, and other net pricing activities. This individual will be the center of expertise for specific customers regarding all aspects of their sales programs and allowances.
- Work with the Sales Team Leads and customers to develop the annual customer contracts that govern the calculation and settlement of various sales incentives
- Administer the Customer Contract Lifecycle process for specific customers
- Create the supporting propositions and P&Ls and present them for the review and approval of Sr. Management
- Create the SAP agreements that will drive the system accruals
- Managing and reporting of the program expenses, balance sheet position, and adjustments
- Executing the settlement/payment processes to accurately meet our obligations to our customers
- Maintaining a consistently strong control environment
- Actively working with representatives at the customers to quickly resolve program disputes and issues
- Planning and reporting processes for the North American customer rebates and allowances
- Working collaboratively in the Customer Agreements & Programs (CAP) Team to identify and implement best practices
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Accounting or Finance
- CPA or MBA preferred
- 3-5 years of experience in finance and accounting roles in a complex global organization
- Detail-orientated with an ability to see the bigger picture and understand how policies and procedures apply within different environments
- Outstanding communication skills, with the ability to speak and present in an effective, clear and concise manner
- Strong interpersonal skills, and experience with customer interactions
- High tolerance for ambiguity and able to navigate large datasets, comfortable with complexity
- Strong leadership skills with proven success in project management and implementing process improvements
- Expert Excel skills and comfortable data warehouse reporting tools
- Proven ability to partner with cross-functional teams, including Legal, Sales, Accounting, Audit, and Financial Reporting
- Ability to work independently in fast-paced environment and manage multiple competing priorities
- Experience with US GAAP, and SOX
You know our brands. You love our brands. You just may not know they are ours. If you have touched PowerA® gaming controller, a Five Star® notebook, a Swingline® stapler, a Quartet® dry erase board, or a Kensington® computer mouse, you have touched part of ACCO Brands Corporation. With annual revenues of nearly $2 Billion, ACCO Brands (NYSE: ACCO) designs, markets, manufactures and sells branded academic, consumer and business products globally. The power of our brands, our unmatched global customer reach, and our strategic market strengths put us in a position to achieve global leadership and growth. We're proud of our long history of industry leadership and innovation and are focused on delivering exceptional value to our customers by providing unique, cutting-edge, branded products.
Apply and build your future with ACCO Brands.
More information about ACCO Brands, the Home of Great Brands Built by Great People, can be found at www.accobrands.com.
Equal Opportunity Employer
ACCO Brands is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. The Company provides equal employment opportunity to all persons without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Accommodation for applicants with disabilities will be provided in all parts of the recruiting process as required under the ACCO Brands Canada AODA policy. Applicants are asked to make their needs known in advance.