Technical Support Engineer - Kensington
ACCO Brands are recruiting for a Technical Support Engineer to join our Kensington team in an exciting new role.
Kensington Trusted for more than 40 years as The Professionals' Choice, is a market leader in tech and mobile accessories. Developing innovative products to enhance security, productivity and wellbeing at work and at home. Kensington prides itself on three timeless core values: Design, Quality and Support. With headquartered in San Mateo, California, Kensington is the inventor and worldwide leader in laptop security locks.
At Kensington, we anticipate the needs and challenges of the ever-evolving workplace and craft professional-tier award-winning solutions for organisations committed to providing top professionals the tools they need to thrive.
Purpose of the Job:
As the Kensington Technical Support Engineer you will lead technical pre- & post-sales engagements, proposing and supporting solutions in-line with commercial targets, while delivering within capabilities and processes. You will help to solve business challenges, realise new opportunities and foster a collaborative approach between the product and sales organisations.
As a customer-facing IT / Technical professional, you will play an integral role in the pre-sales and technical evaluation stage of the product deployment process, in addition to providing post-sales troubleshooting advice to corporate/enterprise end users.
You will be responsible for providing technical solutions to our customers throughout the EMEA region, working alongside our Enterprise Sales team to specify, present and evangelise the appropriate Kensington products.
Working closely with the EMEA & Global Product Management and Global Engineering teams, the role will be responsible for the clear articulation of the technical aspects of Kensington products, together with the development of solutions and content to communicate our value proposition throughout the sales cycle.
You will become a trusted adviser and the voice of our prospects and partners, informing internal stakeholders of products and services that can further enhance our portfolio.
Principal Accountabilities and Key Tasks:
- Establish yourself as the resident subject matter expert on Kensington’s technical product categories and ecosystems & their interaction with end user environments
- Provide pre- and post-sales technical leadership and support. Call and validate end user product specification requests, manage shipping, tracking and follow-up calls. Delivering consultative product expertise to our Enterprise Sales team and qualified end-users. Capability of working with customers (internal + external) both remotely and in person
- Work closely with Global Sales Engineering colleagues. Global Product Management (GPM) and Technical Support to understand common questions and concerns and act as the first line of engagement between Sales and Product Management
- Collaborate with members of the Enterprise Sales team to understand a prospect’s technical requirements and specific needs based on demonstrations and conversations
- Maintain relationships with existing customers and identify and qualify new business opportunities including any technical requirements to develop a strategy to successfully close opportunities
- Develop a comprehensive and up-to-date knowledge of Kensington products, competitive product differences and customer implementations
- Aid the Kensington Enterprise Sales team in spec’ing the appropriate products into contracts, responding to proposals and RFQ’s to ensure that all product information and recommendations address clients requirements
- Continually assist with solutions development to expand to new target markets and industries
- Provide pre-sales support by participating in online demonstrations, conference calls, on-site sales training and site visits with our Sales, Product or Channel Marketing Teams
- Develop and maintain solution selling material that helps to educate and broaden awareness of our overall portfolio
- Work with Marketing to create high-impact sales enablement tools for use with prospects and partners, including collateral, demos, whitepapers, sales scripts and sales training materials
- Must be able to identify personal skills or knowledge gaps that need to be addressed to increase level of competency with our products
- Provide prospect and market input to Product Management, Sales and Marketing groups within Kensington for Sales follow up
- Able to embrace the fast paced and unpredictable nature of a fast-paced computer accessories business
- Regular customer visits / video call with our customer base across the EMEA region will be required
Knowledge & Experience:
- Educated to Bachelor’s Degree level, with strong IT background (computer science, electrical or software engineering degree required) with proven track record of technical exposure
- You have at least 5 years collaboration / workspace / pre-sales customer care architecture experience with sales experience or related field experience with customer interaction
- Experience of IT Applications in an enterprise environment including routing and switching technologies
- Understanding of enterprise technologies including network infrastructure, virtualisation, web applications, Windows, Mac, Linux & ChromeOS
- Detail orientated with a desire to engage with partners and end users on a daily basis
- Strong written, oral and presentation skills with the ability to discuss highly technical concepts to a variety of audiences, including executive level technical decision-makers
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment, strong presentation skills
- Experience in solution selling, project scoping and product demonstrations
- Success working with Product Management and Product Marketing organisations
- Demonstrated ability to develop and execute strategic initiatives
- Highly motivated with the ability to learn and assimilate technical information and technical elements quickly
- Proficient computing skills with MS Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Word)
- Strong organisational, collaboration and problem solving skills
- Ability to cope under pressure and work to tight deadlines
- Ability to be flexible and travel 50+% of the time across EMEA, if required
- Understanding of commonly used network security technologies and protocols including multi-factor and two factor authentication and various authentication protocols like FIDO
- A multi-lingual European language speaker would be highly desirable
Working Arrangements:This position is based in Aylesbury, UK. Remote candidates with a proven track record of success will be considered
Equal Opportunity Employer
At ACCO Brands, we are committed to providing an environment of fairness and mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and team members without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, physical and mental disability, veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law. ACCO Brands believes that a diverse and inclusive work environment is critical to our success as a global company, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool.
Accommodation for applicants with disabilities will be provided in all parts of the recruiting process as required under the ACCO Brands Canada AODA policy. Applicants are asked to make their needs known in advance.