Senior Manager, Data Analytics (PowerA)
PowerA, a division of ACCO Brands, USA LLC., is a leading third-party gaming accessory brand, and one of the fasting growing companies in the industry. We’re made up of many unique individuals who come together for one purpose: to build the most innovative accessories for the world’s most popular interactive entertainment platforms. We partner with industry giants such as Microsoft, Sony, Nintendo, Activision, Pokémon, and more. You can find our products at most major retailers in North America, Europe, Australia, and Latin America.
ACCO Brands is seeking a Senior Manager, Data Analytics PowerA brand in Woodinville, WA, or remote location. As a Senior Manager, Data Analytics, you will deliver analytic insights in several business domains including consumer, customer, market & share performance. This position will be a primary driver of delivering observations and recommendations that will educate and influence key business decision-making with our Sales and Product Development teams. Business knowledge and communication skills are therefore needed, in addition to sophisticated data analysis, to thrive in this multi-functional insights and analytics team.
- Collaborate and own, proactive, persistent, and efficient communication of consumable and relevant insights for business client teams.
- Tell stories with data, using a combination of data sources, including but not limited to POS and shipment forecast and history, NPD, and promotional calendars.
- Lead analysis for a specific book of business – requiring a strong understanding of both demand and supply-side trends and insights and deep appreciation for business needs.
- Lead ad hoc research and analysis projects, translate business problems and questions into definable, measurable research projects.
- Find and independently lead opportunities for continuous improvement, iterating and evolving existing reporting and analysis practices for the future.
- Translate data into presentations that clearly and effectively communicate the analysis and findings to leadership.
- Provide analysis, observations, and insights to client teams on regular and ad hoc basis; these insights have to be supported by efficient, sustainable, usable self-service dashboards.
- Combine brick and ecomm POS, marketing, and NPD data to provide insight into our transaction patterns, product trends, supply chain and inventory.
- Drive BI visualization standards: leverage industry best practices, passionate about polish, and understand which visuals drive home the intended message.
- Create user guide, train, and empower PowerA’s internal customers to fully leverage developed interactive dashboards and skills needed to create self-service visual BI.
- Maintain deep knowledge on current consumer trends and insights, combined with sales and inventory data, to provide recommendations and opportunities to sales teams.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Information Systems, Mathematics, highly preferred but not required
- 6+ years’ experience in data analysis, data science, statistics, or related field
- Extensive use and expertise in Tableau desktop
- Excellent SQL knowledge and experience working with rational database, SQL
- Must have advanced Tableau visualization development skills (certification a plus)
- Ability to understand, translate, and map business questions into analysis projects
- Highly analytical, collaborative, results-oriented, technical skills in a cross-functional setting
- Intrinsic curiosity and passion about data, visualization and solving problems
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, excellent presentation skills, with the ability to explain complicated information in a significant way
- Be open-minded, and able to motivate leadership and stakeholders to question the validity, accuracy of data and assumptions
- Previous experience with project management and process evaluation and design
- Experience in Video Game industry is a big plus
- Strong ability to tell stories with data
- Expert level Excel skills and strong ability to integrate from Excel to Tableau
- Understanding of database technology; ability to write SQL queries a plus
You know our brands. You love our brands. You just may not know they are ours.
If you have touched a Five Star® notebook, a Swingline® stapler, a Quartet® dry erase board, or a Kensington® computer mouse, you have touched part of ACCO Brands Corporation. With annual revenues of nearly $2 Billion, ACCO Brands (NYSE: ACCO) designs, markets, manufactures and sells branded academic, consumer and business products globally. The power of our brands, our unmatched global customer reach, and our strategic market strengths put us in a position to achieve global leadership and growth. We're proud of our long history of industry leadership and innovation and are focused on delivering exceptional value to our customers by providing unique, cutting-edge, branded products.
Apply and build your future with ACCO Brands.
More information about ACCO Brands, the Home of Great Brands Built by Great People, can be found at www.accobrands.com.
Equal Opportunity Employer
ACCO Brands is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. The Company provides equal employment opportunity to all persons without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Accommodation for applicants with disabilities will be provided in all parts of the recruiting process as required under the ACCO Brands Canada AODA policy. Applicants are asked to make their needs known in advance.