Operator Lead, Clips
Achieve. Create. Collaborate. Organize.
Essential brands. Innovative products. Smart investment. Winning team. This is what you will find at ACCO Brands. We are passionate about building a culture that is committed to the success of our employees. If you are looking for an organization that offers rewarding opportunities and is dedicated to team orientation, learning and development, and flourishes with success, we invite you to be a part of building our company for the future.
ACCO Brands is seeking an to Operator Lead, Clips to direct the work of assigned associates to complete the schedule for the day.
Apply and build your future with ACCO Brands.
More information about ACCO Brands, the Home of Great Brands Built by Great People, can be found at www.accobrands.com.
- Directs work of departmental employees to include assignment of specific job duties on a daily basis.
- Verify supply, schedule parts, and inventory are provided for employees to work.
- Receives schedule, bill of materials and insures that raw materials are obtained and in the correct location in a timely manner.
- Coordinates with warehouse and fabrication teams to order raw material for products.
- Assists supervisor in maintaining inventory and scrap accuracy.
- Assists supervisors to insure that area meets and complete efficiency goals, safety goals, quality and other goals set by the department.
- May perform preventive maintenance on equipment.
- Operate a forklift truck and other material handling equipment.
- Provides instruction and training for new employees.
- Maintains a clean, safe and orderly work area.
- Fills in for Supervisors in his/her absence.
- Work overtime as required.
- Perform other duties as required.
- Must have a high school diploma or GED.
- Must be able to perform all physical demands of the position including bending, stooping, reaching, walking, and lifting up to 50 lbs., frequently.
- Must be able to read and comprehend simple work instructions, and bill of materials and be able to fill out log sheets and other routine paperwork.
- Must have basic math skills including addition and subtraction as well as be able to use a tape measure.
- Must have basic computer knowledge to be able to navigate system and utilize the HMI. Experience with the Internet and MS Outlook, Word, and excel are preferred.
- Must be able to use a motorized pallet jack.
- Proven skills to motivate and build rapport with team.
- Safety glasses required at all times.
- Hearing protection required at all times in designated noise areas.
- Majority of time spend under normal factory floor conditions.
You know our brands. You love our brands. You just may not know they are ours. If you have touched a PowerA® gaming controller, a Five Star® notebook, a Swingline® stapler, a Quartet® dry erase board, or a Kensington® computer mouse, you have touched part of ACCO Brands Corporation. With annual revenues of nearly $2 Billion, ACCO Brands (NYSE: ACCO) designs, markets, manufactures and sells branded academic, consumer and business products globally. The power of our brands, our unmatched global customer reach, and our strategic market strengths put us in a position to achieve global leadership and growth. We're proud of our long history of industry leadership and innovation and are focused on delivering exceptional value to our customers by providing unique, cutting-edge, branded products.
Disclaimer: This job description should not be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, authority, skills or efforts associated with this job.
Equal Opportunity Employer
ACCO Brands is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. The Company provides equal employment opportunity to all persons without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Accommodation for applicants with disabilities will be provided in all parts of the recruiting process as required under the ACCO Brands Canada AODA policy. Applicants are asked to make their needs known in advance.