Position Summary: The Production Planner/Buyer works within a team to handle the planning of the manufacturing operation as well as procurement of raw materials to support efficient operations. Duties include developing production schedules to meet on time delivery requirements while maintaining target inventory levels, maximized efficiencies and minimizing waste. Strong collaboration with operations, forecasting, and customer support is critical to success in this role.
- Develops a functional understanding of shop floor equipment, labor constraints and alternate routing methods.
- Analyze demand of assigned manufacturing area(s) to meet customer and inventory requirements.
- Develops formal production plans and schedules and updates as required. Schedules to minimize waste, optimize efficiencies, and utilize capacities.
- Transactional planning, purchasing, and inventory management in ERP system. Perform necessary planning, purchasing, and inventory transactions as required
- Provides shop floor work instructions and works closely with area manufacturing supervisors to ensure adherence to the schedule and targeted equipment performance.
- Proactively address and communicate schedule issues or sudden shifts in demand and impacts to inventory levels and adjusting production schedules to achieve inventory targets.
- Monitors production attainment to the manufacturing schedule and makes appropriate adjustments.
- Develop and maintain the most effective purchasing arrangements for assigned commodities to achieve lowest total cost and greatest overall value.
- Responsible for purchasing and expediting assigned raw materials and supplies; determining quantity, vendor and time required.
- Communicates effectively, as liaison between operations, customer service, and leadership on any service issues.
- Serve as lead agent to drive system and process improvements including inventory control, material availability, and other supply chain initiatives for areas of responsibility.
- Participates in department improvement projects as assigned by management.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Associates degree with 3 years of production planning and/or purchasing experience in a manufacturing environment, or equivalent
- Experience using MRP / ERP systems (SAP preferred)
- Working knowledge of JIT and Lean concepts are beneficial
- Proficient in MS Office applications, such as Excel and Access
- APICS certification (CPIM or CSCP) preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast paced, high pressure environment; excellent time management skills
Equal Opportunity Employer
ACCO Brands is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. The Company provides equal employment opportunity to all persons without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Accommodation for applicants with disabilities will be provided in all parts of the recruiting process as required under the ACCO Brands Canada AODA policy. Applicants are asked to make their needs known in advance.