E-Commerce Specialist - Amazon (PowerA)
PowerA, a division of ACCO Brands, USA LLC., is a leading third-party gaming accessory brand, and one of the fasting growing companies in the industry. We’re made up of many unique individuals who come together for one purpose: to build the most innovative accessories for the world’s most popular interactive entertainment platforms. We partner with industry giants such as Microsoft, Sony, Nintendo, Activision, Pokémon, and more. You can find our products at most major retailers in North America, Europe, Australia, and Latin America.
ACCO Brands is seeking an E-Commerce Specialist - Amazon for its PowerA product. This position is responsible for driving and synching the organization’s marketing and selling efforts through North America Amazon platforms and licensing partner channels.
- Be responsible to North America Amazon platforms.
- Partner with Marketing as needed to optimize content and keywords.
- Monitor competitive products on Amazon and amalgamate insights for Product Development / Management / Account Manager.
- Monitor Catalog Pricing changes, MSRP deviations, and relative listing prices among other select retail sites.
- Maintain active awareness of consumer reviews and communicate these through the Customer Service Team and throughout the organization to drive continuous improvement.
- Troubleshoot brand roadblocks, issues with item SKUs and unintended listing changes through Amazon SVS Communication, Amazon Support case submissions, sending in support tickets to rectify.
- Utilize Amazon Premium Analytics to track and report demand forecast, traffic diagnostic, top Amazon search terms, market basket analysis, Catalog Accuracy, Item Comparison and Alternate Purchase Behavior and trending Customer Reviews to evaluate product health.
- Develop lifecycle management plan across each product category that maximizes opportunities afforded by Amazon’s array of sales channels.
- Contribute to the organization’s global Amazon and ecommerce strategy and planning efforts.
- Generate integrated marketing opportunities with Licensor Partner online stores in conjunction with organization’s licensing and marketing efforts.
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Business Administration, Communications.
- 2-4 years of CPG merchandising, marketing, and reporting experience with Amazon (Vendor Central) and/or other leading ecommerce channel.
- Gaming industry experience preferred but not mandatory.
- Experience communicating within wholesale / retail partner environment.
- Consumer Products (CPG) experience - e-commerce, Omnichannel, mass market, etc.
- Experience working with a matrixed team in an office environment.
- Proficient in Excel / PowerPoint / Office suite.
- Digital advertising or SEO experience a plus.
- Working experiences in start-up, or highly entrepreneurial companies preferred.
- Self-starter, high energy with strong drive to work hard and excel.
- Good client phone presentation skills.
- Project management skills.
- Being resourceful, strong ability to multitask and prioritize.
You know our brands. You love our brands. You just may not know they are ours.
If you have touched a Five Star® notebook, a Swingline® stapler, a Quartet® dry erase board, or a Kensington® computer mouse, you have touched part of ACCO Brands Corporation. With annual revenues of nearly $2 Billion, ACCO Brands (NYSE: ACCO) designs, markets, manufactures and sells branded academic, consumer and business products globally. The power of our brands, our unmatched global customer reach, and our strategic market strengths put us in a position to achieve global leadership and growth. We're proud of our long history of industry leadership and innovation and are focused on delivering exceptional value to our customers by providing unique, cutting-edge, branded products.
Apply and build your future with ACCO Brands.
More information about ACCO Brands, the Home of Great Brands Built by Great People, can be found at www.accobrands.com.
Equal Opportunity Employer
ACCO Brands is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. The Company provides equal employment opportunity to all persons without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Accommodation for applicants with disabilities will be provided in all parts of the recruiting process as required under the ACCO Brands Canada AODA policy. Applicants are asked to make their needs known in advance.