Achieve. Create. Collaborate. Organize.
Essential brands. Innovative products. Smart investment. Winning team. This is what you will find at ACCO Brands. We are passionate about building a culture that is committed to the success of our employees. If you are looking for an organization that offers rewarding opportunities and is dedicated to team orientation, learning and development, and flourishes with success, we invite you to be a part of building our company for the future.
ACCO Brands is seeking multiple skilled Machine Operators for our Mississauga, Ontario location. This is a full-time job opportunity with a 40-hour standard work week, competitive pay and a comprehensive pension and benefits plan. The Machine Operator’s main responsibilities include transforming paper rolls into school and office products, such as our popular Hilroy® notebooks, paper pads and file folders. They will set-up, operate, adjust, service and repair machines that print, cut, stitch and fold paper from raw material to finished product.
If you want to build your mechanical skills, cross train on a variety of specialized manufacturing equipment and enjoy a stable career with advancement opportunities, then this is the job for you!
- Load raw materials such as ink, paper, cardboard into machines and control ink their flow
- Change dies, punches and knives
- Insert top sheet/covers and bottom boards
- Perform simple and complex product changeovers, daily and weekly
- Perform routine machine maintenance (ie. cleaning and lubrication of parts)
- Complete production records and flex reporting to track production output and downtime
- Inspect products for defects to ensure adherence to company quality standards
- Must be able to speak, read and write English
- 1-2 years of production experience in an automated manufacturing environment, with experience in a paper- converting environment preferred
- Proven mechanical aptitude or post-secondary education in a technical discipline
- Strong problem solving and trouble shooting skills
- Able to work well with others as well as with minimal supervision
- Good communication skills with the ability to lead a team
- Self-motivated and shows initiative
- Good hand-eye coordination, attention to detail, manual dexterity
- Able to work rotating shifts (days, afternoons, and nights)
- Must be comfortable doing repetitive tasks, handling heavy loads and standing for extended periods in a noisy environment (ear plugs will be provided)
- Candidates will need to pass a mechanical aptitude assessment
You know our brands. You love our brands. You just may not know they are ours. If you have touched a PowerA® gaming controller, a Five Star® notebook, a Swingline® stapler, a Quartet® dry erase board, or a Kensington® computer mouse, you have touched part of ACCO Brands Corporation. With annual revenues of nearly $2 Billion, ACCO Brands (NYSE: ACCO) designs, markets, manufactures and sells branded academic, consumer and business products globally. The power of our brands, our unmatched global customer reach, and our strategic market strengths put us in a position to achieve global leadership and growth. We're proud of our long history of industry leadership and innovation and are focused on delivering exceptional value to our customers by providing unique, cutting-edge, branded products.
Apply and build your future with ACCO Brands.
More information about ACCO Brands, the Home of Great Brands Built by Great People, can be found at www.accobrands.com.
Equal Opportunity Employer
ACCO Brands is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. The Company provides equal employment opportunity to all persons without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Accommodation for applicants with disabilities will be provided in all parts of the recruiting process as required under the ACCO Brands Canada AODA policy. Applicants are asked to make their needs known in advance.