Multi-Craft Maintenance Technician - 3rd Shift
Benefits include- 6% matching 401k, 2 weeks paid vacations, Full Major Medical Insurance, Company provided uniforms, Tool reimbursement program, Climate controlled work environment and much more!!
- Performs mechanical work and electrical work on equipment.
- Works to meet current electrical codes and company policies and practices.
- Selects proper wire size, conduit sizes, breakers and fuse sizes for equipment and projects.
- Experience troubleshooting, diagnoses, maintaining and corrects/repairs pneumatic, hydraulic, electrical, and mechanical equipment in an industrial setting.
- Ability to perform preventative and corrective maintenance.
- Ability to read electrical schematics, hydraulic, pneumatic and piping diagrams.
- Ability to research parts, drawings, diagrams, and schematics.
- Able to work alone and in a team environment.
- Machine rebuild, welding, cutting, fitting experience, machine leveling, alignment, and installation.
- Experience using calipers, indicators, micrometers, multi-meter.
- Ability to use shop equipment: such as sanders, drill press, mills, lathe, crane, and forklift.
- Knowledgeable on air compressors and balancing compressed air systems.
- Maintain a safe, clean, and orderly work area.
- Makes preventive maintenance check and inspection of assigned equipment, reports findings to the supervisor and takes appropriate action to fix equipment as needed.
- Work overtime as required.
- Perform other related duties as may be required.
Minimum Requirements: Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Associate's degree in industrial maintenance OR equivalent technical certification preferred.
- 5 + years of relevant experience in electrical maintenance environment required.
- Basic PLC programming and troubleshooting skills required.
- Basic mechanical and electrical troubleshooting and repair skills required.
- Must be able to perform all physical demands of the position including bending, stooping, reaching, walking continuously, and lifting up to 50 lbs.
- Must be able to effectively communicate (verbally and written) in a professional manner.
- Must be able to read and comprehend simple instructions, written correspondence, memos, and have the ability to write simple correspondence.
- Must be able to perform basic math skills to include addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division.
- Ability to climb in overhead structures, to work beneath machines and in close quarters performing analysis and repair work.
- Electrically safe safety shoes are required
- Responsible to provide own basic tools for mechanical and electrical work.
- Ability to use hand tools and trades type tools required.
- Working knowledge of computers required.
- Experience with Computerized Maintenance Systems (COGZ) preferred.
- Basic skills with a mill, lathe and welder preferred.
Working Conditions: Time is spent on the factory floor in a factory environment. Personal safety equipment could include safety glasses, hearing protection, safety shoes, and electrical safety arc flash personal protective equipment. The building is temperature controlled but would be exposed to heat, cold, humidity, machine noises, and is in the proximity of moving machine parts.
This job description should not be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, authority, skills or efforts associated with this job.
ADDENDUM TO JOB DESCRIPTION
PURPOSE: In addition to the minimum job requirements for knowledge, skills, and abilities covered on the job description for this position, this addendum reflects minimum physical requirements, tools/equipment, materials and personal protective equipment needed in the performance of the essential functions of this job.
Physical Demands: The position requires standing, walking, pushing, pulling, lifting, carrying, grasping, handling, reaching, climbing, bending, squatting, balancing, seeing, listening, talking, and communicating.
Machines, Tools, Equipment used in reference to requirements of the job.
Assorted Hand Tools
Scissors lift, Hand Jack
Screws, Nails, T-Nuts, Staples
Physical Demands of the Job (walking, lifting, talking)Continuous standing/walking for up to 10 hours.
Occasional climbing, including a fixed set of stairs and/or on or off fork trucks.
Occasional balancing while lifting products.
Occasional lifting or carrying of up to 50 pounds. Lift range from floor up to 52 inches.
Occasional lifting or carrying of up to 35 pounds. Lift range from floor up to 52 inches.
Frequent lifting or carrying of up to 20 pounds to overhead heights. Lifts range from floor up to 84 inches.
Frequent to constant reaching, ranging from below the waist to overhead.
Frequent to constant grasping and/or manipulation.
Utilizing visual and auditory skills constantly.
Personal Protective Equipment
Safety Glasses (Goggles / Shields)
Equal Opportunity Employer
ACCO Brands is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. The Company provides equal employment opportunity to all persons without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Accommodation for applicants with disabilities will be provided in all parts of the recruiting process as required under the ACCO Brands Canada AODA policy. Applicants are asked to make their needs known in advance.