Field Service Technician
Calling all copier/printer and office machine repair technicians, we may have the job for you! Are you tired of loading software? Do you miss the days when you trained operators, replaced rollers, gears, motors, solenoids and utilized your electro-mechanical expertise to diagnose a machine problem?
ACCO is seeking a Field Service Technician to repair and maintain roll laminators, business card cutters, ream paper cutters, punch machines, and other print finishing equipment in the Northern Chicago, IL suburbs. Get back to utilizing your skillset and enjoy repairing office equipment again as a GBC Field Service Technician!
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform field maintenance service calls in an assigned area by scheduling and completing customer calls in a timely manner
- Servicing, installing, and repairing binding, laminating, cutting, folding, stitching, and other document handling equipment
- Management of parts, inventory, laptop, and cell phone
- Manage customer relationships and promote business
- When required, provide training to customers on machine operations and equipment maintenance
- Assist and support other technicians with repairs and maintenance when and where needed; including travel to other field locations in emergency situations
- Two (2) year associate degree, trade certifications, or equivalent field experience required
- A valid driver’s license with a clean driving record is a mandatory requirement
- Experience in a related field with a willingness to learn and develop new skills
- Strong mechanical aptitude and diagnostic experience required
- Must have excellent customer service, communication, and time management skills
- Must have a professional presence and ability to effectively communicate and interact with customers
- Experience with Microsoft Office products and comfortable using computers
- Minimal overnight travel required when necessary
- Local candidates – No relocation assistance will be provided
You know our brands. You love our brands. You just may not know they are ours.
If you have touched a Five Star® notebook, a Swingline® stapler, a Quartet® dry erase board or a Kensington® computer mouse, you have touched part of ACCO Brands Corporation. With annual revenues of nearly $2 Billion, ACCO Brands (NYSE: ACCO) designs, markets, manufactures and sells branded academic, consumer and business products globally. The power of our brands, our unmatched global customer reach, and our strategic market strengths put us in a position to achieve global leadership and growth. We're proud of our long history of industry leadership and innovation and are focused on delivering exceptional value to our customers by providing unique, cutting-edge, branded products.
ACCO offers competitive compensation packages, medical, dental and vision benefits, as well as 401k.
Apply and build your future with ACCO Brands.
More information about ACCO Brands, the Home of Great Brands Built by Great People, can be found at www.accobrands.com
ACCO Brands mandates that employees for this position are vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment and as required by the vaccine requirements for the contracts this position will service.
Equal Opportunity Employer
ACCO Brands is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. The Company provides equal employment opportunity to all persons without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Accommodation for applicants with disabilities will be provided in all parts of the recruiting process as required under the ACCO Brands Canada AODA policy. Applicants are asked to make their needs known in advance.