Operator Lead, 3rd Shift
Summary: Receives instructions from Supervisor and directs the work of assigned associates to complete the work for the day.
Principle Duties, Responsibilities, and Authority
- Directs work of departmental employees to include but not limited to (material consolidation for production orders and staged in a timely manner, oversee receiving activities, lastly consolidate return to warehouse materials from the production floor).
- Keep close communication with production leads / supervisor to ensure production has all materials needed to complete their daily jobs.
- Assist warehouse supervisor in maintaining a clean and organized warehouse (both in Manufacturing plant and offsite locations), reviews/updates material flow traffic patterns, review materials picking sequences to optimize this process, and ensure materials are located in the correct locations.
- Operates a forklift and/or other material handling equipment.
- Provides instruction and training for new employees.
- Fill in for supervisor in his/her absence.
- Work overtime as required.
- Perform other duties as required.
Minimum Requirements: Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Must have a high school diploma or GED
- Good verbal and written communication skills required
- Demonstrate ability to lead, encourage, coach/mentor, and inspire team members while providing constructive feedback when necessary.
- Must be able to perform all physical demands of the position including but not limited to bending, stooping, reaching, walking, and lifting 50 lbs. frequently.
- Must be able to read and comprehend simple work instructions, bill of materials/shop packs, and routine paperwork.
- Must have basic mathematical skills as well as the ability to read a tape measure.
- Must have basic computer knowledge to navigate internal programs, and MS Office Software (Outlook, Word, and Excel).
Working Conditions: Time is spent on the factory floor in a factory environment. Building is temperature controlled but would be exposed to heat, cold, humidity, machine noises, and is in the proximity of moving machine parts.
- Safety glasses required at all times.
- Hearing protection required at all times in designated noise areas.
- Majority of time spend under normal factory floor conditions.
This job description should not be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, authority, skills or efforts associated with this job.
Equal Opportunity Employer
ACCO Brands is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. The Company provides equal employment opportunity to all persons without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Accommodation for applicants with disabilities will be provided in all parts of the recruiting process as required under the ACCO Brands Canada AODA policy. Applicants are asked to make their needs known in advance.