Achieve. Create. Collaborate. Organize.
Essential brands. Innovative products. Smart investment. Winning team. This is what you will find at ACCO Brands. We are passionate about building a culture that is committed to the success of our employees. If you are looking for an organization that offers rewarding opportunities and is dedicated to team orientation, learning and development, and flourishes with success, we invite you to be a part of building our company for the future.
ACCO Brands is seeking a Finance Manager to join the US Decision Support finance team. This role reports to the Senior Finance Manager for Decision Support/Customer Programs, and collaborates with leaders in US Sales, Marketing and Operations along with other areas of Finance. The Finance Manager will be responsible for financial activities including analysis, outlooking, process improvement and proactive support to guide the business to make well-informed decisions. This person will possess exceptional analytical and problem-solving skills and thrive in a fast-paced environment. They will be a motivated self-starter who can excel in both an independent and team-oriented environment.
- Manage the annual budget, quarterly forecasts and reviews, financial reporting and analysis for the US Direct channel
- Partner with Sales and Marketing on profitability analysis for bids on new and existing customers, product mix changes, promotions, customer rebate agreements, price adjustments and post-mortems
- Responsible for all aspects of the profitability bid model to include: lead the annual training for Sales and Marketing; point of contact for questions and assistance; maintenance including quarterly updates and enhancements
- Support the US Senior Leadership team and Corporate Finance with analytical support and ad hoc analysis; provide concise, well-thought reports/presentations
- Provide guidance and support for the US Selling, General and Administrative (SGA) expense function
- Supervise two associates in the Finance Management Rotation program, responsible for training and development
- Support periodic price change initiatives through financial models and collaboration with Sales and Marketing
- Work collaboratively with the Customer Agreements & Programs (CAP) Team to identify and implement synergies, process improvements and best practices
- Support the Sr Finance Manager and VP of Finance with projects
- Lead the consolidation of the US business quarterly finance package for Corporate
- Utilize Robotic Process Automation (RPA) to proactively identify opportunities to improve processes
- Enhance cross-functional collaboration and provide new business analytics to help leadership make well-informed decisions
- Support the Global Data Warehouse team as needed
- Investigate data issues and execute strong resolutions
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Accounting or Finance
- CPA and/or MBA preferred
- At least 7-12 years of progressive experience in finance and accounting roles in a complex global organization
- Detail-orientated with an ability to see the bigger picture and understand how policies and procedures apply within different environments
- Outstanding communication skills, with the ability to speak and present in an effective, clear and concise manner
- High tolerance for ambiguity and able to navigate large datasets, comfortable with complexity
- Strong leadership skills with proven success in project management and implementing process improvements
- Expert Excel skills and comfortable data warehouse reporting tools
- Proven ability to partner with cross-functional teams, including Sales, Marketing, Supply Chain, Human Resources, IT, Accounting, Audit, and Financial Reporting
- Ability to work independently in fast-paced environment and manage multiple competing priorities
- Experience with US GAAP, and SOX preferred
You know our brands. You love our brands. You just may not know they are ours.
If you have touched a Five Star® notebook, a Swingline® stapler, a Quartet® dry erase board, or a Kensington® computer mouse, you have touched part of ACCO Brands Corporation. With annual revenues of nearly $2 Billion, ACCO Brands (NYSE: ACCO) designs, markets, manufactures and sells branded academic, consumer and business products globally. The power of our brands, our unmatched global customer reach, and our strategic market strengths put us in a position to achieve global leadership and growth. We're proud of our long history of industry leadership and innovation and are focused on delivering exceptional value to our customers by providing unique, cutting-edge, branded products.
Apply and build your future with ACCO Brands.
More information about ACCO Brands, the Home of Great Brands Built by Great People, can be found at www.accobrands.com.
Equal Opportunity Employer
ACCO Brands is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. The Company provides equal employment opportunity to all persons without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Accommodation for applicants with disabilities will be provided in all parts of the recruiting process as required under the ACCO Brands Canada AODA policy. Applicants are asked to make their needs known in advance.