Senior IT Compliance Analyst
Achieve. Create. Collaborate. Organize.
Essential brands. Innovative products. Smart investment. Winning team. This is what you will find at ACCO Brands. We are passionate about building a culture that is committed to the success of our employees. If you are looking for an organization that offers rewarding opportunities and is dedicated to team orientation, learning and development, and flourishes with success, we invite you to be a part of building our company for the future.
ACCO Brands is seeking a Senior IT Compliance Analyst to assist senior staff in the evaluation, development, implementation and operational aspects of process standards, procedures and guidelines supporting the company's information security plan and Sarbanes Oxley compliance to assure the effectiveness of existing procedures and policies and to detect changes and report on their impacts to the compliance program.
- Develop a thorough understanding of business, systems, and processes to provide tailored information security solutions and services, minimizing disruption while maximizing impact.
- Develop subject matter expertise in compliance to support the control owners.
- Build and maintain strong relationships within a highly matrixed organization in order drive IT compliance.
- Liaison between regions, US, IT and Audit teams (internal & external).
- Create global standards and support plan to remediate to that standard. Monitor and document exceptions to policy and assess action plans to mitigate risk.
- Provide key stakeholders with regular and timely updates on emerging areas of non-compliance risk and the effectiveness of operational and Sarbanes-Oxley controls.
- Monitor audit activity by control owners, tracking any open items.
- Review and approve evidence and monitoring results.
- Support and facilitate quarterly reviews of audit work with all stakeholders and document results.
- Deliver, working with IT team control deficiency remediation and ensure completion (as required).
- Participate in SOX walkthroughs and testing; support ad-hoc audit engagements.
- Drive audit evidence gathering to support internal and external SOX testing and ensure all deadlines are met.
- Coordinate annual review of IT policies across the regions.
- Document exceptions to policy to confirm risk statement and assess action plan to mitigate risk.
- Participate in technology projects to identify information security weaknesses in proposed systems, applications, and assist in development of appropriate solutions based on risk assessment.
- Manage and maintain a knowledge repository for IT risk and compliance-related materials and resources including IT controls, policies, procedures, and standards
- Drive compliance control and process documentation to validate accuracy as needed but minimally on an annual basis.
- Optimize compliance processes across the enterprise.
- Participate on teams chartered with the responsibility of improving IT compliance process.
- Implement new tools and processes in an effort for continuous improvement.
- Ensure adherence to critical compliance such as SOX, PCI, etc.
- Negotiate acceptable timeframes to comply with audit findings by interfacing with auditors and IT or business management.
- Proactively work to identify potential areas of compliance vulnerability and risk.
- Continuously seek opportunities to enhance and improve service support related processes, the tools, as well as integration points with other processes, including Risk Management.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills needed; ability to tailor approach based upon audience and message.
- Must possess strong problem-solving analytical skills.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or other related field or equivalent in information security related technical training and experience.
- Prior SOX experience or audit preparation/response preferred.
- Ability to pull together data from disparate sources suitable for presentation to stakeholders.
- MS Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint) skills required, Oracle/SAP knowledge a plus.
- Strong organizational skills with a disciplined approach to managing processes on a day to day basis respecting defined authority levels.
- Demonstrate a willing to learn and grow in this field.
- Self-starter, able to multitask, detail orientated.
- Ability to work with a broad range of users; technical and non-technical, able to present and communicate technical issues in easy to understand terms.
You know our brands. You love our brands. You just may not know they are ours. If you have touched a PowerA® gaming controller, a Five Star® notebook, a Swingline® stapler, a Quartet® dry erase board, or a Kensington® computer mouse, you have touched part of ACCO Brands Corporation. With annual revenues of nearly $2 Billion, ACCO Brands (NYSE: ACCO) designs, markets, manufactures and sells branded academic, consumer and business products globally. The power of our brands, our unmatched global customer reach, and our strategic market strengths put us in a position to achieve global leadership and growth. We're proud of our long history of industry leadership and innovation and are focused on delivering exceptional value to our customers by providing unique, cutting-edge, branded products.
Apply and build your future with ACCO Brands.
More information about ACCO Brands, the Home of Great Brands Built by Great People, can be found at www.accobrands.com.
Equal Opportunity Employer
ACCO Brands is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. The Company provides equal employment opportunity to all persons without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Accommodation for applicants with disabilities will be provided in all parts of the recruiting process as required under the ACCO Brands Canada AODA policy. Applicants are asked to make their needs known in advance.