Mechanical Engineering Intern
Achieve. Create. Collaborate. Organize.
Essential brands. Innovative products. Smart investment. Winning team. This is what you will find at ACCO Brands. We are passionate about building a culture that is committed to the success of our employees. If you are looking for an organization that offers rewarding opportunities and is dedicated to team orientation, learning and development, and flourishes with success, we invite you to be a part of building our company for the future.
ACCO Brands is seeking a Mechanical Engineering Intern to join our team part time in the Fall of 2021 in our Lake Zurich, IL corporate headquarters. The Mechanical Engineering Intern will have the opportunity to contribute to the team from concept through the prototype and production stage of multiple product lines. The invaluable learning experience, knowledge, and skills you develop will set the foundation for your future career.
- Designing products, component parts and assemblies with SolidWorks CAD software
- Generation and maintenance of product drawings and project documentation
- Developing product and component specifications
- Creating test plans and carrying out testing of prototypes and products
- Providing multiple solution paths to a given problem
- Suggesting improvements to new and existing products to improve cost and quality
- Supporting cross-functional teams in the development of new products
- Working in a global product development environment
- No prior marketing experience is required; however, we do look for candidates who have a proven track record of success in balancing academics, employment, and extracurricular activities.
- Pursuing a Bachelor’s in Engineering (Mechanical preferred)
- Minimum 3.0 cumulative GPA (4.0 scale)
- Ability to commit to a one-year internship, working full-time (40 hours) during the summer and part-time (minimum 15 hours) during the school year
- Strong computer skills (Word, Excel and PowerPoint required)
- Experience using SolidWorks 2D/3D CAD software
- Excellent problem-solving capability and communication skills (verbal and written)
- Organizational skills, including the ability to prioritize and meet deadlines
- Creative mindset with attention to product design
- General understanding of manufacturing processes, material, and component selection
- Demonstrated experience with prototyping, testing, and reporting results is preferred
- Proficient in Microsoft Office software
You know our brands. You love our brands. You just may not know they are ours.
If you have touched a Five Star® notebook, a Swingline® stapler, a Quartet® dry erase board, or a Kensington® computer mouse, you have touched part of ACCO Brands Corporation. With annual revenues of nearly $2 Billion, ACCO Brands (NYSE: ACCO) designs, markets, manufactures and sells branded academic, consumer and business products globally. The power of our brands, our unmatched global customer reach, and our strategic market strengths put us in a position to achieve global leadership and growth. We're proud of our long history of industry leadership and innovation and are focused on delivering exceptional value to our customers by providing unique, cutting-edge, branded products.
Apply and build your future with ACCO Brands.
More information about ACCO Brands, the Home of Great Brands Built by Great People, can be found at www.accobrands.com.
Equal Opportunity Employer
ACCO Brands is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. The Company provides equal employment opportunity to all persons without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Accommodation for applicants with disabilities will be provided in all parts of the recruiting process as required under the ACCO Brands Canada AODA policy. Applicants are asked to make their needs known in advance.