Product Data Management Specialist
Job Title: Product Data Management Specialist
Reports To: Ops & CS Director
Department Data Standards
Purpose of Job
This is a varied role where the job holder is responsible for all aspects of data handling management associated with product lifecycle; from product launch, through ongoing data maintenance to product discontinuation. Key activities are to maintain the integrity of the ACCO UK & European Product databases, to action requests for product data internally and externally, and in relation to product compliance declarations.
Principal Accountabilities and Key Tasks:
- Ownership and maintenance of all product master data and content in the EMEA ERP and content systems.
- Maintain integrity, accuracy & consistency of product data across multiple systems. Validate, cleanse and enhance data from different sources in different formats.
- Manage the Data Standards email job queue prioritising and delivering tasks within agreed timeframes.
- Be a key partner in the data processing of new product launches, creating new products on key systems, maintaining data throughout the lifecycle and managing the discontinuation process at the end.
- Manipulate product data from a variety of data extraction points, including Excel feeds and downloads and deliver new line form content and images to both internal and external customers.
- Responsible for standardisation of product attributes to make suitable for e-catalogues
- Ownership of Customer specific digital catalogues, including the creation and management of item content and attributes.
- Creation and maintenance of Supplier purchase agreements on a quarterly and ad-hoc basis.
- Maintain data to ensure ACCO UK Ltd compliance with the Packaging Waste Regulations, UKCA & CE certification, WEEE Directive, Health & Safety (Safety Data Sheet) Legislation, Industry standards (such as ISPC), environmental / hazardous substance legislation, as required by local country law and as required by BS 5750 / ISO 9000.
- Key point of Data contact for colleagues across Product Management, Marketing, Sales, Supply Chain, Customer Service, Pricing and Finance.
- Communication primarily with colleagues within UK & Ireland, but also across the European and sometimes US business Provide support and training for colleagues within other functions and locations.
- Any additional task as assigned by Manager
- Excellent organisational skills
- Strong IT Skills. Intermediate level on Excel – preferably with experience of “lookups” and creation/use of pivot tables.
- Has demonstrated exceptional attention to detail, accuracy & can deliver a high level of customer service with tight deadlines
- Experience of a role involving data processing and extraction, numerical processing & problem solving
- Ability to organise, manage time and handle multiple tasks on an ongoing basis
- Will enjoy working as part of a small team with excellent interpersonal skills
- Shares information, knowledge & skills with the rest of the team
- The ability to work independently without day to day supervision & interaction
- The role does not necessarily require previous product lifecycle, full training can be given to the right candidate.
- Full time position – Monday to Friday
- 35 hour week, or hours to complete tasks
Equal Opportunity Employer
ACCO Brands is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. The Company provides equal employment opportunity to all persons without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Accommodation for applicants with disabilities will be provided in all parts of the recruiting process as required under the ACCO Brands Canada AODA policy. Applicants are asked to make their needs known in advance.