Accounts Receivable Specialist
Achieve. Create. Collaborate. Organize.
Essential brands. Innovative products. Smart investment. Winning team. This is what you will find at ACCO Brands. We are passionate about building a culture that is committed to the success of our employees. If you are looking for an organization that offers rewarding opportunities and is dedicated to team orientation, learning and development, and flourishes with success, we invite you to be a part of building our company for the future.
ACCO Brands is seeking a talented individual to join the Finance team Administrative Assistant Finance at the Sidney, New York location. We are looking for organizational skills and candidates who are detail-oriented to manage and work as the contact with our customers as the Accounts Receivable (AR) service provider.
- Collect past due payments via phone and email.
- Prepare documentation for collection claims.
- Manage and monitor daily assigned workflow in order to obtain collections within expected time frames.
- Work within the cash applications process for SAP system to ensure accuracy and efficiency.
- Analyze customer and internal data establishing the cause of key issues; develops solutions and triggers appropriate action to avoid future occurrences. Implement process solutions and communicates with customer and internal departments
- Ensure receipts are coded correctly and resolved within expected time frame.
- Assist with deduction research and resolution
- Work with customer care, sales and other ACCO Brands departments as needed to resolve issues
- Maintain a high level of accuracy in collections by enforcing customer payment instructions.
- Perform other related duties as required for the efficient operation of the department, or as directed by the supervisor.
- Strong knowledge base of collections and accounts receivable processes.
- Ability to work in a time-sensitive and high volume environment.
- Strong organizational skills required due to high volume of transaction types per customer each with different processes, department structures and terminology
- Persistent follow-up skills requiring multiple sign-offs on issues at different levels of authority at both ACCO and customer departments
- Good verbal ability to effectively communicate with different departments at all levels of the customer and internal departments
- Produces written communication containing all relevant information, clearly expressed reasoning and recommended actions or next steps to produce results
- Able to perform effectively in a team environment
- Demonstrated use of software with a variety of different system skills including a proficiency in Microsoft Excel and Word.
- Experience with SAP preferred.
You know our brands. You love our brands. You just may not know they are ours. If you have touched a PowerA® gaming controller, a Five Star® notebook, a Swingline® stapler, a Quartet® dry erase board, or a Kensington® computer mouse, you have touched part of ACCO Brands Corporation. With annual revenues of nearly $2 Billion, ACCO Brands (NYSE: ACCO) designs, markets, manufactures and sells branded academic, consumer and business products globally. The power of our brands, our unmatched global customer reach, and our strategic market strengths put us in a position to achieve global leadership and growth. We're proud of our long history of industry leadership and innovation and are focused on delivering exceptional value to our customers by providing unique, cutting-edge, branded products.
Apply and build your future with ACCO Brands.
More information about ACCO Brands, the Home of Great Brands Built by Great People, can be found at www.accobrands.com.
Equal Opportunity Employer
ACCO Brands is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. The Company provides equal employment opportunity to all persons without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Accommodation for applicants with disabilities will be provided in all parts of the recruiting process as required under the ACCO Brands Canada AODA policy. Applicants are asked to make their needs known in advance.