Operator 3- 1st Shift, Film
We want YOU to GROW with US!
ACCO Brands is seeking an Operator-3 for our new lamination film slitter machines!
Summary: Responsible for monitoring single and/or multiple production lines. Assists with changeovers, die changes, makes adjustments, makes product changes, and checks product for quality. Utilizes and interfaces with an HMI (Human Machine Interface) via a touch screen panel and/or keyboard entry. Used as a focal point of assigned line to ensure; good production flow, safe work habits, quality work, inventory or parts and accurate documentation of production throughput and scrap.
Principle Duties, Responsibilities, and Authority
- Performs start-up, shutdown, and changing dye procedures for production line.
- Reviews orders from a defined specification sheet or receives instructions from Supervisor to ensure that materials and specifications are correct.
- Assists with set up process for assigned machine with roll stand, board feeder, imprint unit, labeler, press head, stripper, rivet assembly, etc. as required by line and job specifications.
- Operates and makes necessary adjustments to produce a quality product.
- Checks quality of raw material and finished products utilizing gauges, tools, and specifications.
- Checks for adherence to customer specifications, accurate roll count and production records.
- Operates chain hoist or other equipment to load raw material.
- Manually loads and unloads smaller rolls of material up to 45 lbs. each.
- Performs minor maintenance on production line.
- Responsible for the proper training and education of new operators.
- At conclusion of jobs; takes inventory of raw materials and ensures accurate and timely return to warehouse inventory.
- Works closely with production, fabrication and warehouse leads to meet production needs.
- Works closely with warehouse and forklift operators to call for needed raw materials.
- Works closely with quality control technicians to ensure timely and accurate quality audits.
- Fills in for associates on their line in the event of break, absence, vacation, etc.
- Leads workflow of production line(s) that are assigned.
- Work overtime as required.
- Perform other duties as required.
Minimum Requirements: Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Must have a high school diploma or GED.
- Must be able to read and comprehend simple work instructions, written correspondence and memos and have the ability to write simple correspondence to include reports of production.
- Possess basic math skills to include addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, fractions, and decimals.
- Must be able to load raw materials, and use a chain hoist, tape measure, hand tools, shear, knives, heat shoe, bar sealer, razor blades and chopper and to perform the job functions safely.
- Must be able to read and understand tape measure, micrometers, refractometer, and calipers.
- Must be able to perform all physical demands of position which includes frequent lifting of up to 50 pounds, bending, stooping, reaching and walking continuously.
- Good safety record.
- No documented attendance issues for 12 months and no more than 3 points.
- One year previous machinery experience preferred.
- Self-starter with the ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Basic computer experience with MS Word, Outlook, and Excel preferred.
- Proven interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
- Follows and leads by example the ACCO Brands Values.
Working Conditions: Time is spent on the factory floor in a factory environment. Building is temperature controlled but would be exposed to heat, cold, humidity, machine noises, and is in the proximity of moving machine parts.
- Safety glasses required at all times.
- Hearing protection required at all times in designated noise areas.
- Majority of time spend under normal factory floor conditions.
- Steel toe shoes and heat gloves may be required.
Disclaimer This job description should not be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, authority, skills or efforts associated with this job.
Equal Opportunity Employer
ACCO Brands is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. The Company provides equal employment opportunity to all persons without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Accommodation for applicants with disabilities will be provided in all parts of the recruiting process as required under the ACCO Brands Canada AODA policy. Applicants are asked to make their needs known in advance.