Product Developer- Soft Goods (PowerA)
PowerA, a division of ACCO Brands, USA LLC., is a leading third-party gaming accessory brand, and one of the fasting growing companies in the industry. We’re made up of many unique individuals who come together for one purpose: to build the most innovative accessories for the world’s most popular interactive entertainment platforms. We partner with industry giants such as Microsoft, Sony, Nintendo, Activision, Pokémon, and more. You can find our products at most major retailers in North America, Europe, Australia, and Latin America.
ACCO Brands is seeking a Product Developer- Soft Goods for PowerA products in Malibu, CA location. As a Product Developer, you will bring new product ideas to the team by coming up with a general concept and presenting the idea with a rough layout that will include renders, sketches, or digital illustrations. You will work in collaboration with managers, engineers, artists, and merchandisers to evaluate the credibility of the design and to provide solutions for possible issues relating to the actual production of this design.
- Work closely with US, and overseas Product Development Team/s, marketing, sales, and supply chain
- Develop, market, and sell key product messages
- Develop new product concepts from conception through implementation
- Able to interpret and react to current business and market trends
- Own product lifecycle management, from concept to market
- Source, develop, create, and invent product lines to support PowerA and client financial and brand business objectives
- Create and improve products
- Research technical issues, provide expert guidance, and develop technical solutions
- Ensure product documentation is complete, current, and accurate
- Review product costs and ensure cost discrepancies are communicated as needed
- Manage and deliver samples for line reviews and/or trade shows
- Integrate technical and visual solutions into a design concept
- Conduct licensor product testing, and certification utilizing licensor testing software
- Conduct live gameplay testing, and validation of products
- Maintain relationships with licensor partners
- Manage product development-related communication between licensors and cross functional teams
- Maintain pertinent notes during weekly meetings with licensors
- Create presentations for new product concepts
- Work with PowerA team to compile business reports and information requested by licensor
- Provide transparency on current product issues or changes
- Discuss future opportunities or special projects with licensor partners
- Continually seek opportunities to increase licensor satisfaction and deepen relationships
- Coordinate approval submissions
- Maintain roadmaps for licensors
- Work with compliance team on updates related to DoCs, product labels, legal requirements, etc.
- Ensure products meet criteria for international sale
- Work with cross-functional team to ensure SOPs are written and updated
- Find ways to improve business and process efficiency
- College degree preferred but not required
- 3-5 years Product Development experience in cases, bags, and other soft goods for consumer electronics
- Proven experience with product lifecycle management processes and software
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office 365, (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and others)
- Basic knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite software
- Extensive knowledge of the video game market, and industry (highly preferred)
- Experience with all major gaming consoles and handhelds (highly preferred)
- Familiarity with consumer soft goods compliance requirements (highly preferred)
- Working directly with overseas teams, and vendors
- General understanding of product development, manufacturing process, and industry safety standards
- Strong video game console, accessory, and gaming experience
- Awareness of new and emerging materials, technologies, and applications
- Excellent communication skills, both face-to-face and written
- Superior organizational, planning and coordination skills
You know our brands. You love our brands. You just may not know they are ours.
If you have touched a Five Star® notebook, a Swingline® stapler, a Quartet® dry erase board, or a Kensington® computer mouse, you have touched part of ACCO Brands Corporation. With annual revenues of nearly $2 Billion, ACCO Brands (NYSE: ACCO) designs, markets, manufactures and sells branded academic, consumer and business products globally. The power of our brands, our unmatched global customer reach, and our strategic market strengths put us in a position to achieve global leadership and growth. We're proud of our long history of industry leadership and innovation and are focused on delivering exceptional value to our customers by providing unique, cutting-edge, branded products.
Apply and build your future with ACCO Brands.
More information about ACCO Brands, the Home of Great Brands Built by Great People, can be found at www.accobrands.com.
Equal Opportunity Employer
ACCO Brands is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. The Company provides equal employment opportunity to all persons without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Accommodation for applicants with disabilities will be provided in all parts of the recruiting process as required under the ACCO Brands Canada AODA policy. Applicants are asked to make their needs known in advance.