Achieve. Create. Collaborate. Organize.
Essential brands. Innovative products. Smart investment. Winning team. This is what you will find at ACCO Brands. We are passionate about building a culture that is committed to the success of our employees. If you are looking for an organization that offers rewarding opportunities and is dedicated to team orientation, learning and development, and flourishes with success, we invite you to be a part of building our company for the future.
ACCO Brands is seeking a Senior Auditor to join our Global Audit Services Team based in Lake Zurich, IL. This individual will work independently or within teams on operational audits (e.g. manufacturing, distribution center, order to cash, purchase to pay, payroll and financial audits), compliance activities (SOX testing) and other activities, such as advisory process reviews.
- Lead operational audit and/or advisory engagements, which include planning executing, directing, and completing engagements timely
- Proactively interact with key business unit management to gather information, review processes for efficiency and effectiveness, resolve problems, and make recommendations for business and process improvements
- Acquire a working knowledge of ACCO’s business including a solid understanding of the manufacturing process, the distribution process and the commercial sales and marketing process and related product lines
- Supervise, train and mentor associates, trainees and interns on the audit process
- Research and analyze financial statement and operational audit related issues
- Develop an understanding of the Institute of Internal Auditors International Professional Practices Framework (“IPPF”)
- Employ a thorough understanding of generally accepted auditing standards and common audit procedures and techniques
- Complete management testing of ACCO’s internal controls in support of Sarbanes Oxley compliance
- Perform other job-related duties as necessary
- Up to 25-35% travel, including international and domestic locations
- Some audits/projects will be performed remotely
- Hybrid schedule on non-travel weeks (ability to work from home 2-3 days per week)
- Minimum of three (3) years recent work experience as an auditor at a public accounting firm, or internal audit department within private industry; demonstrating a progression in complexity of auditing and accounting tasks
- SOX testing experience highly desirable
- Fluency in Spanish, Portuguese, German or Polish is highly desirable, but not mandatory
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office software programs, including Excel.
- Data analytics experience or data mining experience also highly desirable
- Excellent project management, analytical, interpersonal, oral and written communication skills
- Strong leadership, training, and mentoring skills
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic team environment
- Professionalism, dependability, integrity and trustworthiness combined with a cooperative attitude
- Highly motivated self-starter with ability to multitask and complete assignments within time constraints and deadlines
- Strong organizational skill and attention to detail
Education and Licenses:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or related field required. Advanced degree is highly desirable, but not mandatory
- CPA or CIA certification highly desirable, but not mandatory
You know our brands. You love our brands. You just may not know they are ours.
If you have touched a PowerA® gaming controller, a Five Star® notebook, a Swingline® stapler, a Quartet® dry erase board, or a Kensington® computer mouse, you have touched part of ACCO Brands Corporation. With annual revenues of nearly $2 Billion, ACCO Brands (NYSE: ACCO) designs, markets, manufactures and sells branded academic, consumer and business products globally. The power of our brands, our unmatched global customer reach, and our strategic market strengths put us in a position to achieve global leadership and growth. We're proud of our long history of industry leadership and innovation and are focused on delivering exceptional value to our customers by providing unique, cutting-edge, branded products.
Apply and build your future with ACCO Brands.
More information about ACCO Brands, the Home of Great Brands Built by Great People, can be found at www.accobrands.com
Equal Opportunity Employer
ACCO Brands is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. The Company provides equal employment opportunity to all persons without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Accommodation for applicants with disabilities will be provided in all parts of the recruiting process as required under the ACCO Brands Canada AODA policy. Applicants are asked to make their needs known in advance.