Print Process Engineer
Achieve. Create. Collaborate. Organize.
Essential brands. Innovative products. Smart investment. Winning team. This is what you will find at ACCO Brands. We are passionate about building a culture that is committed to the success of our employees. If you are looking for an organization that offers rewarding opportunities and is dedicated to team orientation, learning and development, and flourishes with success, we invite you to be a part of building our company for the future.
ACCO Brands is seeking a Print Process Engineer to provide print process engineering support for capital projects, repairs and troubleshooting, cost estimates, procurement, equipment installation and startup. This position will lead technical and preventative maintenance programs, along with analysis of production logs for the purpose of lean and improvement activities.
- Provides process support to web, sheet-fed, digital printer, and digital prepress
- Works directly with vendors to research and manage testing for press chemistry, raw materials, and consumables; recommends changes to reduce cost and improve quality.
- Tests and defines process capability on all key equipment.
- Develops and documents operating procedures to reduce job change time and improve print quality characteristics.
- Develops and implements changes to product attributes where they will reduce cost and improve operating efficiencies.
- Uses Color Management techniques to optimize file / proof / print characteristics.
- Investigates and supports Plant Project Engineer in the justification and adaptation of new equipment and technologies. Provides budgeting and capital project input.
- Experienced in using control systems to provide analysis as part of the improvement process.
- Leads cross-functional improvement and reliability teams designed to reduce operating costs and improve quality.
- Supports Supervisory-led initiatives within printing departments.
- Assist in Supervision of the pre-press and pressroom departments as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in Printing Technology or equivalent experience.
- Employment background in sheetfed and web printing (Heatset or non-Heatset) for more than seven years.
- Demonstrated track record of process improvement and project implementation.
- Digital print and Goss Press experience desired.
- Experienced in Lean manufacturing concepts and sustainability.
- Proficient at color management and closed loop color control.
- Experience in Conventional, CTP, and .PDF workflow desirable.
You know our brands. You love our brands. You just may not know they are ours. If you have touched a PowerA® gaming controller, a Five Star® notebook, a Swingline® stapler, a Quartet® dry erase board, or a Kensington® computer mouse, you have touched part of ACCO Brands Corporation. With annual revenues of nearly $2 Billion, ACCO Brands (NYSE: ACCO) designs, markets, manufactures and sells branded academic, consumer and business products globally. The power of our brands, our unmatched global customer reach, and our strategic market strengths put us in a position to achieve global leadership and growth. We're proud of our long history of industry leadership and innovation and are focused on delivering exceptional value to our customers by providing unique, cutting-edge, branded products.
Apply and build your future with ACCO Brands.
More information about ACCO Brands, the Home of Great Brands Built by Great People, can be found at www.accobrands.com.
Equal Opportunity Employer
ACCO Brands is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. The Company provides equal employment opportunity to all persons without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Accommodation for applicants with disabilities will be provided in all parts of the recruiting process as required under the ACCO Brands Canada AODA policy. Applicants are asked to make their needs known in advance.