Director, Global Product Management & Innovation
Achieve. Create. Collaborate. Organize.
Essential brands. Innovative products. Smart investment. Winning team. This is what you will find at ACCO Brands. We are passionate about building a culture that is committed to the success of our employees. If you are looking for an organization that offers rewarding opportunities and is dedicated to team orientation, learning and development, and flourishes with success, we invite you to be a part of building our company for the future.
ACCO Brands is seeking a Director, Global Product Management & Innovation for our TruSens business to lead the product strategy, three-year roadmap, and global execution for our growing wellness business. This role will be responsible for all elements of identifying new areas, developing global strategies for growth, and working with global and regional counterparts to execute programs. This individual will work closely with cross functional engineering, industrial design, sourcing, project management, supply chain and regional teams.
- Lead global strategy and implementation for all wellness programs.
- Develop and execute multi-year roadmap for wellness category.
- Conduct research on the market, the competition, and customers to identify trends and opportunities for future growth.
- Identify, prioritize, structure, and manage complex issues that drive product priorities and demonstrate bottom line results.
- Build compelling and integrated cases for new product concepts considering competitive factors, market demand, risk management, program economics, strategic fit, and operational complexity.
- Inspire the leadership team and your department with a focused vision and roadmap that will inform what we say yes and no to.
- Responsible for presenting the rationale to cross-functional teams to drive the NPD projects, creating agreed critical paths and gate stages. Originate new products in concert with customer needs and business model.
- Establish the sources of growth that are innovative and solve a consumer need. Act as the voice of the consumer at every step of the development process to home in on ownable point of difference and positioning.
- Works closely with engineering and industrial design leaders on active programs.
- Owns and drives global launches, working with regional teams to executes programs.
- Ensures regulatory compliance and claims substantiation in collaboration with Regional Product Management, Legal and Compliance teams.
- Bachelor's degree in Marketing or related field; Master's degree preferred.
- Minimum of 5 to 10 years’ experience in consumer product marketing.
- Experience working in / with technology or health & wellness preferred.
- Has superior strategic, analytic and problem-solving skills, and is capable of clearly communicating a long-term vision across the company.
- Natural collaborator, with straightforward communication style and strong presence. Must be disciplined and comfortable with ambiguity, possessing the maturity and capability to interact and influence across multiple levels of a matrixed organization.
- Ambitious and resourceful; results oriented; highly innovative. Focused on business value creation through innovation.
- Must understand product development cycle from concept to commercialization and experienced in stage gate or milestone process.
- Judgement is required in resolving complex problems based on experience.
- Represents the organization as a prime contact concerning competitive monitoring, innovation sensing, business planning together with regional Marketing, and proof of principle activities. Interacts with senior internal and external personnel on issues often requiring coordination across organizational lines.
- Demonstrated leadership and expertise in setting strategic direction for product categories, in successfully launching new products and in delivering consistent profitable growth.
- Experience with offshore sourcing.
- Ability to thrive in an entrepreneurial, fast paced and dynamic environment.
- Experience leading and developing teams of various skill levels. Proven experience in building, motivating, and leading high-performance teams.
- Demonstrated leadership skills, effective problem solver, strategic thinker.
- Demonstrated ability to synthesize information to develop fact-based recommendation, and ability to persuade organization pursuit of recommended path.
- Strong presentation and communication skills.
- Strong analytical skills and general business acumen.
- Proficiency with MS Office.
- Travel: 15% with the potential for some international travel.
You know our brands. You love our brands. You just may not know they are ours.
If you have touched a Five Star® notebook, a Swingline® stapler, a Quartet® dry erase board, or a Kensington® computer mouse, you have touched part of ACCO Brands Corporation. With annual revenues of nearly $2 Billion, ACCO Brands (NYSE: ACCO) designs, markets, manufactures and sells branded academic, consumer and business products globally. The power of our brands, our unmatched global customer reach, and our strategic market strengths put us in a position to achieve global leadership and growth. We're proud of our long history of industry leadership and innovation and are focused on delivering exceptional value to our customers by providing unique, cutting-edge, branded products.
Apply and build your future with ACCO Brands.
More information about ACCO Brands, the Home of Great Brands Built by Great People, can be found at www.accobrands.com.
Equal Opportunity Employer
ACCO Brands is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. The Company provides equal employment opportunity to all persons without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Accommodation for applicants with disabilities will be provided in all parts of the recruiting process as required under the ACCO Brands Canada AODA policy. Applicants are asked to make their needs known in advance.