Pricing Manager (PowerA)
PowerA, a division of ACCO Brands, USA LLC., is a leading third-party gaming accessory brand, and one of the fasting growing companies in the industry. We’re made up of many unique individuals who come together for one purpose: to build the most innovative accessories for the world’s most popular interactive entertainment platforms. We partner with industry giants such as Microsoft, Sony, Nintendo, Activision, Pokémon, and more. You can find our products at most major retailers in North America, Europe, Australia, and Latin America.
ACCO Brands is seeking an experienced Pricing Manager for PowerA brand in Woodinville, WA location. The Pricing Manager is responsible for determining pricing schemes for the company’s products and services. This includes coordinating with production departments to learn how much they cost to make, as well as working with Marketing team on appropriate campaigns and promotions.
- Build, implement, and manage SKUs and pricing, in support of product launches and programs.
- Evaluate existing processes, procedures, and operational challenges. Identify and drive cross-functional operational improvement and adoption of standard methodologies (processes, tools, etc.) to improve overall operational efficiency and effectiveness.
- Lead and direct pricing strategy formulation and take necessary pricing actions to enhance profitability, ensuring integrity and accuracy in all pricing matters.
- Influence pricing strategies to ensure successful implementation through all downstream quote to cash processes.
- Perform project planning to implement business decisions, including key landmarks, and drive progress to achieve project goals and timelines.
- Work cross-functionally and optimally communicate to all upstream/downstream partners, to ensure understanding of strategy, project plan, and impacts
- Assist with pricing negotiations of customers’ proposals.
- Conduct oral presentations, field research and cost revisions. This also requires thinking about the going rates for competitors’ products in the industry, in order to remain competitive.
- Maintain and regularly update a pricing history database.
- Perform financial evaluation to assess pricing action effectiveness.
- Define new business procedures, evaluate resource requirements, and stimulate implementation or maintenance of pricing system.
- Manage total pricing procedure, enhance processes to make most of efficiencies and ensure timely response to market conditions.
- Set base prices and develop discount programs, assist in creating promotional campaigns, compare prices set by competitors and measure customer satisfaction based on the cost of a company’s product
- Evaluate trends to determine what consumers would buy a certain product.
- Determine what to charge for PowerA products by considering production and other costs, as well as retailer requirements, to determine the price point to hit internal margin goals.
- Develop in depth knowledge of products and competitive factors, working cross functionally with sales, sales leadership, product management, marketing, sales operations, and finance.
- Support activities inclusive of new price generation and discrepancy resolution etc.
- Perform partnering with buyers, product managers and sales department to ensure integrated profit maximizing approach to market.
- Analyze financial impact of price approach in view of overall history as well as profit.
- Bachelor’s Degree required; MBA preferred.
- Preferred field of study: finance, economics, accounting, or mathematics.
- 5+ years practical experience in an analytical role, preferably within gaming industry
- Advanced Excel and modelling skills.
- Demonstrated competency in client relationship management.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience with SAP a plus.
- Must have ability to synthesize data and information from multiple sources to develop fact-based analyses and recommendations.
- Strong verbal and written communication, interpersonal, mathematical, and analytical skills.
- A team player with strong leadership and project management capabilities.
- Have a good sense of finance or accounting principles.
- Evaluating production costs to develop pricing strategies.
- Understanding the impact of pricing on profit margins.
- Developing and defining pricing structures.
- Understanding contract negotiations and bids as well as proposal development.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office applications.
You know our brands. You love our brands. You just may not know they are ours.
If you have touched a Five Star® notebook, a Swingline® stapler, a Quartet® dry erase board, or a Kensington® computer mouse, you have touched part of ACCO Brands Corporation. With annual revenues of nearly $2 Billion, ACCO Brands (NYSE: ACCO) designs, markets, manufactures and sells branded academic, consumer and business products globally. The power of our brands, our unmatched global customer reach, and our strategic market strengths put us in a position to achieve global leadership and growth. We're proud of our long history of industry leadership and innovation and are focused on delivering exceptional value to our customers by providing unique, cutting-edge, branded products.
Apply and build your future with ACCO Brands.
More information about ACCO Brands, the Home of Great Brands Built by Great People, can be found at www.accobrands.com.
Equal Opportunity Employer
ACCO Brands is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. The Company provides equal employment opportunity to all persons without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Accommodation for applicants with disabilities will be provided in all parts of the recruiting process as required under the ACCO Brands Canada AODA policy. Applicants are asked to make their needs known in advance.