Senior Financial Analyst
Achieve. Create. Collaborate. Organize.
Essential brands. Innovative products. Smart investment. Winning team. This is what you will find at ACCO Brands. We are passionate about building a culture that is committed to the success of our employees. If you are looking for an organization that offers rewarding opportunities and is dedicated to team orientation, learning and development, and flourishes with success, we invite you to be a part of building our company for the future.
ACCO Brands is seeking a Senior Finance Analyst, Cost Accounting responsible for the Manufacturing, Distribution and Central Operations areas. This role reports to the Manager of US Operations Finance and collaborates with both headquarter leadership and the site controllers. The ideal candidate for this role is results focused, exhibits a strong sense of curiosity, and maintains a high level of positive energy. They should be comfortable working with large datasets and navigating through the ambiguity inherent in the planning and reporting activities. They should also have a strong interest in collaborative problem solving, enjoy working in a matrix organization, and exhibit a strong aptitude for system processes. This position is ideal for an individual who is interested in future plant controllerships, but it also provides a path to Corporate Finance and Accounting opportunities.
Responsibilities span across several aspects of operations including a small manufacturing facility, our service organization, SAP product costs, and corporate reserve calculations. The individual in this role will be involved in planning, reporting and analysis, assisting senior management in understanding performance, and providing them with information to facilitate the decision processes.
- Development and deployment of standard costs in SAP
- Planning, reporting and analysis related to Purchase Price Variances
- Oversight for a small make-to-order manufacturing facility
- Support for the service organization
- Development of Costs and Overhead Burden Pools
- Excess & Obsolete inventory reserve calculation & analysis, Budget/Outlook
- Support integration of new or acquired operations
- Manage SOX controls related to role responsibilities
- Other COGS activities and projects, including
- Process improvements through transaction automation
- Productivity savings tracking and reporting
- Make vs buy decisions
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance.
- 3-5 years of experience in finance and accounting roles in large consumer goods organization.
- Detail-orientated with an ability to be guided by the bigger picture.
- Outstanding communication skills, with the ability to speak and present in a clear and concise manner.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- High tolerance for ambiguity and able to navigate large datasets, comfortable with complexity.
- Strong leadership skills with experience in project management and implementing process improvements.
- Proven ability to partner with cross-functional Finance and Operations teams, including Audit, FP&A, Supply Chain, Manufacturing, et.al.
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment and manage multiple competing priorities.
- Expert Excel skills and comfortable data warehouse reporting tools.
- SAP Costing experience a plus; manufacturing accounting experience a plus.
- Experience with US GAAP, and SOX.
You know our brands. You love our brands. You just may not know they are ours. If you have touched a PowerA® gaming controller, a Five Star® notebook, a Swingline® stapler, a Quartet® dry erase board, or a Kensington® computer mouse, you have touched part of ACCO Brands Corporation. With annual revenues of nearly $2 Billion, ACCO Brands (NYSE: ACCO) designs, markets, manufactures and sells branded academic, consumer and business products globally. The power of our brands, our unmatched global customer reach, and our strategic market strengths put us in a position to achieve global leadership and growth. We're proud of our long history of industry leadership and innovation and are focused on delivering exceptional value to our customers by providing unique, cutting-edge, branded products.
Apply and build your future with ACCO Brands.
More information about ACCO Brands, the Home of Great Brands Built by Great People, can be found at www.accobrands.com.
Equal Opportunity Employer
ACCO Brands is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. The Company provides equal employment opportunity to all persons without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Accommodation for applicants with disabilities will be provided in all parts of the recruiting process as required under the ACCO Brands Canada AODA policy. Applicants are asked to make their needs known in advance.