Key Account Manager (PowerA)
PowerA, a division of ACCO Brands, USA LLC., is a leading third-party gaming accessory brand, and one of the fasting growing companies in the industry. We’re made up of many unique individuals who come together for one purpose: to build the most innovative accessories for the world’s most popular interactive entertainment platforms. We partner with industry giants such as Microsoft, Sony, Nintendo, Activision, Pokémon, and more. You can find our products at most major retailers in North America, Europe, Australia, and Latin America.
ACCO Brands is seeking a Key Account Manager responsible for managing PowerA’s business and sales across a diverse account base which will include key distribution partners, publisher and OEM channels, and regional chains, along with pursuing new sales channels.
- Act as the primary retail and distribution customer business lead for PowerA assigned customer base. Lead day-to-day interactions with a range of customer contacts, including buyers, planners, marketing and management executives.
- Oversee the day-to-day business needs with account base including ensuring timely and accurate delivery, providing outstanding customer service to account contacts, negotiating contracts, and being highly attuned to vendor scorecard requirements and performance.
- Lead regular business reviews and product assortment & line reviews, organizing key participants internally and with each customer.
- Collaborate with internal teams and departments to meet customer needs and in managing regular account reporting, curating product assortments, crafting short-term plans and long-term roadmaps, and identifying opportunities for growth.
- Identify and pursue new direct and indirect sales channels. Lead introductory efforts for the company, including research, opening pitches, opportunity assessment and potential assortment recommendations.
- Own the forecast for the assigned territory, working interactively with demand planning & supply teams, channel marketing, and buying and planning partners with our customers.
- Be the internal expert on your account base: provide regular customer business updates, communicate progress of quarterly, monthly, and yearly initiatives, and representing retail needs in our product development planning process.
- Manage all company marketing activities through each retail and distribution partner in territory, including the overall account budget, contractual & non-contractual spends, and promotional strategy.
- 5+ years’ experience in a sales or account management role in a CPG, consumer electronics, or packaged entertainment category.
- Demonstrated success in managing and growing business with retail or distribution partners via relationships, data-driven selling, and channel marketing implementation across a broad account base or within a specific vertical.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills with the ability to effectively pitch plans and opportunities both internally and to customers.
- Proven track record of prospecting potential new business, opening new doors, onboarding and growing new retail and distribution customers.
- Experience with a multi-faceted approach to forecasting, working with range of inputs and working collaboratively with demand planners on near- and long-term views.
- Strengths must include deep analytical skills, problem-solving abilities, attention to detail, negotiation skills, outstanding time management and recognized organization skills.
- Strong references from customers and colleagues.
- Familiarity or experience with the video game industry helpful, not required.
You know our brands. You love our brands. You just may not know they are ours.
If you have touched a PowerA® gaming controller, a Five Star® notebook, a Swingline® stapler, a Quartet® dry erase board, or a Kensington® computer mouse, you have touched part of ACCO Brands Corporation. With annual revenues of nearly $2 Billion, ACCO Brands (NYSE: ACCO) designs, markets, manufactures and sells branded academic, consumer and business products globally. The power of our brands, our unmatched global customer reach, and our strategic market strengths put us in a position to achieve global leadership and growth. We're proud of our long history of industry leadership and innovation and are focused
on delivering exceptional value to our customers by providing unique, cutting-edge, branded products.
Apply and build your future with ACCO Brands.
More information about ACCO Brands, the Home of Great Brands Built by Great People, can be found at www.accobrands.com.
Equal Opportunity Employer
At ACCO Brands, we are committed to providing an environment of fairness and mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and team members without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, physical and mental disability, veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law. ACCO Brands believes that a diverse and inclusive work environment is critical to our success as a global company, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool.
Accommodation for applicants with disabilities will be provided in all parts of the recruiting process as required under the ACCO Brands Canada AODA policy. Applicants are asked to make their needs known in advance.