Home Care Navigator-Physical Therapist
SERVICE AREA: Desoto County, MS and Memphis, TN area
Position: Home Care Navigator - Sta-Home
Reports to: Director of Care Navigation
As a Home Care Navigator, you will:
- Establish and maintain relationship with physicians to ensure timely signing of orders generated from Sta-home.
- Obtain assigned physicians’ signature on all orders generated from the agency and ensuring they are received by appropriate branch.
- Communicate information and status reports from patient care staff to the physician; ensure that physician conference information is relayed to the physician in a timely manner and his/her response is recorded in HCHB.
- Work collaboratively with team members; promote collaborative relationships with vendors, community and referral resources.
- Perform transfer of accurate, pertinent patient information between levels of care through collaboration with Care Transitions Nurses, when applicable.
- Perform follow-up calls to patients and providers regarding their experience and issue resolution.
- Participate in departmental improvements, Company initiatives and performs data collection for measurement of projects.
- Document accurately and timely all interventions and necessary patient related activities.
- Follow-up on outstanding orders IAW current Sta-home policy. May perform tasks such as routine utilization reviews, securing community resources/information or other tasks as related to clinical specialty. May perform secretarial/cross coverage where needed.
- Monitor hospitalized patients for assigned physicians
- Identify home health candidates; educate patient on availability of home health services and options; and coordinate the patient’s discharge from hospital with referral to HHA of choice
- Work closely with clinical operations to make sure all collateral, training, and support materials are in compliance with company policies and procedures.
- Comply with applicable legal requirements, standards, policies and procedures including, but not limited to the Compliance Program: Code of Conduct, HIPAA and Documentation Standards.
- Maintain a commitment to the values and mission of AccentCare.
- Assume additional responsibilities as assigned by one’s supervisor, or another manager, related to the position/department.
Requirements of Qualified Candidates: PT license in practicing statePT license in practicing state
- Current driver’s license and liability insurance
- Firm working knowledge of concepts, practices and procedures and ability to use in varied situations
- Able to some advanced skills that allow employee to adapt and meet some complex or non-routine situations
- Strong project/process management skills
- Ability to create complex documents, spreadsheet analysis models, and advanced graphics
- Excellent ability to draft, edit, and proofread internal and external correspondence, ensure files are organized, manage electronic schedule as appropriate
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work in a fast paced, multi-task environment with competing priorities
- Excellent interpersonal/listening skills
- Proficient in interacting with and creating a collaborative working environment amongst and stakeholders at all levels of the organization
- Possess a responsible, detail-oriented, results-driven work ethic