Systems Administrator – Salesforce
Key Duties & Responsibilities
- Serve as primary system administrator for a Salesforce.com environment with 1200+ users
- Manage Salesforce security, including roles, profiles, sharing rules, workflows, and public groups.
- Plays key role in deployment of code bases to our sandbox and Production environment, ensuring that all deployments adhere to internal and external policies and best practices.
- Handle all basic administrative functions including user account maintenance, reports and dashboards, workflows and other routine tasks
- Monitor and manage the Salesforce sandbox and Production environments, including refresh scheduling, and partnering with our infrastructure team to set up proper alerting.
- Complete regular internal system audits and provide results to leadership to drive action.
- Coordinate with Solution Architect on new Salesforce releases and appropriate preparation steps (Winter 21, Spring 21, etc.)
- Coordinate with Solution Architect to prepare for retirement or change of any components by Salesforce.
- Perform configuration requests within the system for users, including reports, dashboards, list views, email alerts, chatter notifications, and other types of activities.
- Assist the business in data hygiene and maintenance activities.
- Work with our management team to establish suitable processes to support administrative, development, and environment management activities
- Manage and maintain our Git environment.
- Manage and maintain our data and metadata backup environment.
- Collaborate with our Security team to conduct audits and answer questions regarding compliance to internal and external standards.
Skills and Experience Required
- 5-7 years of Salesforce Administration experience
- Proficiency with Salesforce’s declarative capabilities, including workflows/validation rules, data security features, and deployment of change sets
- Experience and understanding of Apex code and Apex Test Classes
- Knowledge of Salesforce best practices related to release management and deploying changes from sandboxes to production
- Conceptual understanding of relational databases
- Experience working with Apex Data Loader
- Able to prioritize independently
- Attention to detail
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines, handle and prioritize simultaneous requests, and manage laterally and upwards
- Creative and analytical thinker with strong problem-solving skills
- Salesforce Health Cloud experience preferred
- Salesforce.com Administrator Certification preferred