Per Diem RN Field Nurse
AccentCare is looking for passionate clinicians committed to delivering exceptional care in the home.
We are committed to quality patient outcomes—delivering evidence-based care in the home—and providing comprehensive training to further develop our staff along with continuing education and promotional opportunities.
Come join the AccentCare team and Make A Difference every day.
Position: RN Field Nurse PRN Bilingual in English and Spanish required
Reports to: RN Field Supervisor
Job Description/Requirements: Bilingual in English and Spanish required
As an RN Field Nurse PRN you will:
- Conduct field-nursing visits for initial home care assessments, re- assessment, supervision visits and post-hospital visits, para professional visits.
- Provide and review the patient information documents i.e. admission packet, plan of care, advance directives, Bill of Rights, consents, patient education.
- Communicate with referrers/discharge planners to review eligibility for agency services and to develop and coordinate the plan of care.
- Identify the appropriate level of care required by the patient. Ensure the environment is conducive to the provision of home care.
- Communicate findings with the patient’s physician and obtain verbal orders as necessary. Develop and implement treatment plans in conjunction with the patient’s authorized medical practitioner.
- Initiate written Medical Orders and written reports to the patient’s physician, as necessary.
- Assess all medication to identify possible ineffective drug therapy or adverse reactions, significant side effects, drug allergies, and contraindicated medications.
- Initiate referrals for other services or community resources as needed.
- Interpret and reinforce agency policy and procedures to professional and paraprofessional staff.
Requirements of Qualified Candidates:
- Current New York State License as a Registered Professional Nurse
- Bilingual in English and Spanish required
- One (1) year experience in the provision of nursing care in an acute care facility, preferred.
- One year satisfactory Nursing experience in Home Care, desired
- Good organizational writing, communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to travel to all business locations
AccentCare, Inc. company is one of the largest home care companies in the United States. AccentCare, Inc. is a leader in post-acute healthcare, with innovative partnerships and care models covering the full continuum, from personal, non-medical care to skilled nursing, rehabilitation, hospice, and care management. Headquartered in Dallas, Texas, AccentCare has over 24,000 compassionate professionals in more than 175 locations, collectively serving over 123,000 individuals across 16 states.