Billing & Payroll Clerk Brooklyn NY
AccentCare, Inc.® is a national post-acute healthcare provider with 45 years of industry experience. We thrive on providing patient-centric care and a warm and personalized experience within our local communities.
Position: Home Health Billing & Payroll Clerk with HHA Exchange experience, Bilingual and excellent Excel skills
- Responsible for manual and electronic billing functions and maintaining patient records which include: pre billing and post billing activities.
- Making sure patient information is in HC Plus and Pro Health Fiscal correctly.
- Make sure every active member has a valid authorization.
- Entering new and closing authorizations in Pro Health Fiscal as needed.
- Obtaining, correcting, and extending authorizations by calling vendors as needed
- Fixing authorizations for billing
- Re-billing claims as needed
- Weekly pulling aging’s to find any open items, investigate and reprocess claims per vendor
- Keep a steady log of reprocessed claims
- Credit and Debit memos
- Sort, bunch, scan into document manager, batch and keep count of Timesheets
- File Timesheets away in labeled boxes
- Weekly sales reports and Management call reports
- Monthly hours report per vendor
- Payroll adjustments for aides
- Help with audits
Requirements of Qualified Candidates:
- High School Diploma Required; Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Accounting preferred
- Fluent Bilingual in Spanish and English languages required
- Experience with HHA Exchange highly preferred
- Working knowledge of billing activities and Non-Medicare Home Health payor requirements
- Knowledge of Federal, State, and accreditation regulations governing home care
- Highly Proficient in Excel, MS Office Word and Outlook
- 1+ year previous experience with insurance verification or Billing experience
Your Success is our Success. We strive to provide new employees with a structured on-boarding process to help you become assimilated quickly, and cutting-edge tools to make your daily work easier and more efficient. We offer extensive training and a wide-array of opportunities for continued education and promotional opportunities.