Physical Therapy Assistant Madison, MS
AccentCare, Inc.® is a national post-acute healthcare provider with 45 years of industry experience. We thrive on providing patient-centric care and a warm and personalized experience within our local communities.
Your Success is our Success. We strive to provide new employees with a structured on-boarding process to help you become assimilated quickly, and cutting-edge tools to make your daily work easier and more efficient. We offer extensive training and a wide-array of opportunities for continued education and promotional opportunities.
Position: Physical Therapist Assistant (PTA) – Sta-Home
Reports to: Supervising Physical Therapist, Regional Rehab Coordinator and
Branch Manager, in a collaborative manner
As a Physical Therapist Assistant, you will:
- Perform patient visits. Complete all appropriate documentation using current technology and submit timely per policy and procedure.
- Participate effectively in scheduled on-site supervisory visits, in compliance with all State and Federal regulations.
- Contact supervising therapist and CFSS and/or Branch Manager regarding changes in patient status and request guidance when appropriate.
- Report the potential need for add-on services to the supervising therapist.
- Review and verify schedules weekly to ensure all scheduled visits are accurate. Ensure all scheduled procedures are documented properly and appropriately.
- Review and update the Medication Profile each visit, monitoring patient compliance, understanding of medication regime, contraindications, and side effects, etc.
- Provide health teaching appropriate to the patient’s needs and understanding according to the plan of care.
- Promote the patient’s empowerment through self-care activities.
- Assist supervising therapist in coordination of total patient care including interdisciplinary communication with other health care providers, office and physician.
- Obtain continuing education to improve care by broadening knowledge of changes in health care delivery.
- Perform selected therapy procedures and techniques of patient care in accordance with accepted standards of practice as set forth by the appropriate discipline-specific licensure authority.
- Attend and participate in service reporting meetings and other meetings as requested.
- Participate in planning, operation and evaluation of collaborative therapy/nursing services.
- Ensure all issued equipment and supplies are in proper working order and in a state of cleanliness.
- Perform valet/renew/refresh procedures at all designated times following instructions given.
- Participate in Clinical Conference meetings.
- Participate as needed in weekend and holiday visit coverage.
- Communicate effectively with staff, patients and/or family concerning the needs of the patient.
- Travel to other branch offices, parent office and/or patient’s homes.
Requirements of Qualified Candidates:
- Be a graduate of an approved PTA program and licensed in the state of Mississippi. Both prior clinical and Medicare home health experience are preferred
- Possess a valid state driver’s license
- Possess automobile liability insurance
- Wear seat belt at all times while driving
- Have dependable transportation must be kept in good working condition
- Able to drive an automobile in all types of weather conditions
- Currently licensed in the state of Mississippi
- Manual dexterity to operate patient care equipment
- Manual dexterity to operate office equipment, including but not limited to computers, printers and/or copiers
- Visual acuity to evaluate and peruse employee documentation
- Ability to perform moderate to significant physical demands, including but not limited to, sitting, standing, walking, squatting, kneeling, bending, lifting, carrying and/or pushing, repositioning and transferring human beings.