Senior Business Systems Analyst
The Salesforce Sr. Business Systems Analyst will be responsible for the analysis, requirements definition, configuration, process design and support activities for products and services primarily built on the Salesforce platform that support all lines of business at AccentCare. This strategic role includes working with at all levels of the organization identifying and documenting solutions and alternatives for improving business processes and associated technologies. This role will include working with internal resources, software/product vendors and other 3rd party solutions providers to ensure that support is maintained at appropriate service levels for the organization. This resource will also be a key contributor to strategic projects to move AccentCare forward operationally and financially.
AccentCare, Inc. will make reasonable accommodations to "otherwise qualified individuals."
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (Essential Functions of the Position):
- Conducts business analysis and helps define scope and solution direction for short-term initiatives as well as longer-term strategic projects.
- Leverages agile methodology to create actionable user stories, including business goals, acceptance criteria, and user experience.
- Collaborates closely with the Product Owners to understand and define vision in the Salesforce application to meet business goals.
- Builds a positive working relationship with our business stakeholders and users, and listens for opportunities to improve the user experience in Salesforce.
- Collaborates with other business system analysts, developers, QA team members, and Salesforce solution architect to communicate the vision of the product owner and define a solution that meets the acceptance criteria.
- Creates configuration-based solutions leveraging the Salesforce platform.
- Creates reporting/dashboard artifacts leveraging the Salesforce platform. If a heavier reporting ask, this person will engage the appropriate data analyst and developers to deliver the request
- Tests new enhancements and defect fixes at a functional business level to ensure that the new capability is meeting the needs of the business. Smoke tests functionality after deployment of a release.
- Demoes functionality to the business and leads User Acceptance Testing for his/her user stories, working closely with users to identify defects for resolution.
- Participates in the education and training of end users as required.
- Serves as a Tier 2 support resource in solving Salesforce-related issues/requests.
- May be called upon to provide periodic on-location support to end users and software trainers during the time of software rollout.
- Assists, as needed, in answering support calls during high call volumes.
- Assists senior leadership in the review of software functionality and improvements needed to ensure business processes are effective.
- Participates in the review of new functionality and software solutions to advise other team members on benefits to the business line and company.
- Serves as a liaison between the company and the software vendor to ensure company needs are addressed, enhancements are noted by the vendor, etc.
- Performs data correction and uploads into the business application with appropriate safeguards and business approvals.
- Complies with applicable legal requirements, standards, policies and procedures including, but not limited to the Compliance Program: Code of Conduct, HIPAA and Documentation Standards.
- Works in a high-growth, fast-paced environment, organizing and prioritizing his/her own work, and works with project manager to set realistic delivery dates.
- Respect and values diversity.
- Function as a team member.
- Bachelor degree preferred.
- Salesforce Certification(s) a plus
- 7 years’ experience in supporting business applications as a business analyst, preferably in healthcare, and ideally in the Home Health industry.
- 3+ years’ experience in supporting Salesforce applications as a business analyst or similar. Health Cloud experience a plus.
- Experience in building Salesforce solutions via configuration. Code experience a plus.
- Understanding of SQL and the ability to write/modify SQL for use in data maintenance and application support.
- Experience in supporting issues related to systems integration (electronic data interfaces such as XML, HL7, JSON).
- A good understanding of the Salesforce product and technology offerings, and how they may be used to solve business problems.
- A proven history with solving complex business application data and user-related issues and documenting, designing, and implementing system-associated process changes.
- Familiarity and experience integrating with EMR applications (e.g., Allscripts, VividCare, Homecare Homebase, Cerner, McKesson) a plus.
- Experience in agile and waterfall development projects, including development of requirements documents, process workflow documentation and development user stories.
- An understanding of Healthcare company business processes; home health experience/knowledge a strong plus.
- Ability to work on several projects simultaneously while balancing commitments. Manages own work and priorities, and reaches out for assistance to project manager or leadership if there are any priority conflicts.
- Able to support off-hours and weekends in emergency situations.
- Self-starter and proactive; takes ownership of projects and tasks to completion.
- Ability to communicate with coworkers with varying levels of technical and clinical expertise
- Good written, presentation, and verbal communication skills
- Good interpersonal/listening skills
- Good problem solving and task analysis skills
- Excellent time management, prioritization and organizational skills
- Willingness to learn new functionality within an existing EMR platform
- Possesses a responsible, detail-oriented, results-driven work ethic