Risk Management Representative - Ontario CA
** This role an Entry Level **
AccentCare, Inc.® is a national post-acute healthcare provider with 45 years of industry experience. We thrive on providing patient-centric care and a warm and personalized experience within our local communities.
Your Success is our Success. We strive to provide our new employees with a structured on-boarding process to help you become assimilated quickly, and cutting-edge tools to make your daily work easier and more efficient. We offer extensive training and a wide-array of opportunities for continued education and promotional opportunities.
Position: Risk Management Representative
Reports to: Risk Management Director
As a Risk Management Representative you will:
- Prepare Risk Management files and records that pertain to Safety and liability claims to include data entry, file making, and follow up to ensure all paperwork has been completed thoroughly.
- Maintain Risk Management databases and create monthly reports.
- Maintain contract provider information in contract database (STARS).
- Monitor and investigate all claims, safety, loss and liability issues to ensure claims are addressed in a timely manner.
- Monitor workers compensation claim activity and Transitional Modified Duty Program.
- Review open workers’ compensation claims with Risk Manager and TPA.
- Review claims for OSHA recordable findings, issues annual OSHA reports and distributes them to the field.
- Assist with the tracking and trending of all workers’ compensation and liability claims.
- Conduct monthly safety committee meetings for the Support Center and assist Care Centers. Conduct safety investigations when necessary.
- Assist Risk Manager to develop, implement, deliver and maintain training programs for employees in areas of General Safety, Customer Relations relating to Risk Management.
- Conduct Risk Management Audits in Care Centers at least once a year. Report findings to and prepare recommendations for Risk Manager.
- Comply with applicable legal requirements, standards, policies and procedures including, but not limited to the Compliance Program: Code of Conduct, HIPAA and Documentation Standards.
- Maintain a commitment to the values and mission of AccentCare.
- Additional responsibilities as assigned by one’s supervisor or other manager related to the position/department.
Requirements of Qualified Candidates:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Bachelor’s degree in related field preferred
- Bilingual English/Spanish helpful
- Minimum 2 years office safety or Risk Management experience
- Minimum 1 year experience with employer-based workers’ compensation claims handling Home Health Care or Home Care experience as plus
- Interpersonal Skills: Focuses on solving conflict, maintains confidentiality, listens effectively, remains open to others’ ideas and tries new things, is trustworthy and sincere, treats others in a businesslike and professional manner
- Analytical: Ability to read, analyze and interpret complex/diverse information and documents, collect and evaluate data, and present complete analysis
- Teamwork: Exhibits objectivity and openness to others’ views, gives and welcomes feedback and contributes to building a positive and collaborative team spirit
- Effective internal and external collaboration with all levels
- Persuasive techniques to gain cooperation, acceptance and agreement on business matters
- Customer service focused, including the ability to create an atmosphere that encourages an open dialogue about the internal and external customer’s needs
- Ability to maintain composure in addressing stressful and/ challenging situations
- Ability to assess situations and assist in conflict resolution
- Excellent telephone, verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to communicate with internal and external customers
- Detail oriented, with excellent organization skills
- Knowledge and skills in the use of computers and software programs
- Knowledge of pertinent state , federal, and local regulatory requirements