Home Care Visit Coordinator CNA or Medical Assistant
AccentCare is looking for passionate clinicians committed to delivering exceptional care in the home.
We are committed to quality patient outcomes—delivering evidence-based care in the home—and providing comprehensive training to further develop our staff along with continuing education and promotional opportunities.
Come join the AccentCare team and Make A Difference every day.
Position: Home Care Visit Coordinator
Reports to: Clinical Supervisor/Director of Patient Care Services
As a Home Care Visit Coordinator, you will:
- Be responsible for coordinating with the professional to drive to and from the office, patient homes and other necessary stops (such as labs, clinics or hospitals).
- Coordinate care by verifying schedules, rescheduling appointments, communicating with the office staff and/or physician office at the request of the professional while the professional makes patient visits into the home.
- Be Responsible for driving the professional to and from patient appointments and related associated tasks such as dropping off at a lab, etc.
- Maintain safety while driving by planning the route, driving at appropriate speeds, obeying all laws and keeping a quiet and comfortable environment for the professional to document in between visits.
- Verify appointments in advance (day prior) and keep patient and office aware of any delay encountered during the workday.
- Help schedule and reschedule visits for the clinical professional.
- Facilitate productivity by keeping the professional and the office aware of changes and availability to schedule additional visits.
- Participate in performing customer satisfaction calls as needed.
- Assist in preparing booklets and documentation such as patient education guides and admission packets for the clinician based on patient needs and diagnoses.
- Assist with procurement of medical supplies and/or DME as required.
- Assume other responsibilities as delegated by supervisor.
- Demonstrates good verbal and written communication
- Maintain effective communication with patients, caregivers and referral sources.
- Maintain effective communication with field and office staff.
- Written communications are clear and concise.
- Comply with applicable legal requirements, standards, policies and procedures including but not limited to those within the Compliance Process, Code of Conduct, HIPAA, and Corporate Integrity Agreement (CIA).
- Participate in required orientation, Compliance and HIPAA training programs.
- Report concerns and suspected incidences of non-compliance using the 4-Step Reporting Process.
- Cooperate with monitoring and audit functions and investigations.
- Participate, as requested, in process improvement responsibilities.
- Demonstrate professional conduct, service excellence and commitment to values and mission of AccentCare.
Requirements of Qualified Candidates:
- A certification as a Home Health Aide, Nursing Assistant or Medical Assistant is required
- Eligible to drive a fleet vehicle per agency policy
- Ability to carry out job requirements without on-site supervision, and sufficient verbal and written communication skills to perform the tasks required
- Sufficient endurance to perform tasks over long periods of work hours
- Ability to travel to all business locations
- Must be 21 or older to participate in the fleet car program