RN Quality Specialist
AccentCare is looking for passionate clinicians committed to delivering exceptional care in the home.
We are committed to quality patient outcomes—delivering evidence-based care in the home—and providing comprehensive training to further develop our staff along with continuing education and promotional opportunities.
Come join the AccentCare team and Make A Difference every day.
The RN Quality Specialist is responsible for assisting in planning, organizing, and implementing clinical quality management and care delivery. Ensures compliance with state, federal and accreditation standards. This position promotes commitment to the corporate and subsidiary standards, policies, and procedures. The position assists in the monitoring of clinical processes and the establishment of procedures to reduce identified problem areas; in clinical and therapy standardization for effective and appropriate reimbursement practices for AccentCare Home Health across the divisions/regions. Advises or recommends solutions, utilizing knowledge of theory, principles or technology.
AccentCare, Inc. will make reasonable accommodations to "otherwise qualified individuals."
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (Essential Functions of the Position):
MUST HAVE CURRENT RN LICENSE &
BE ABLE TO TRAVEL UP TO 50%
- Provides leadership and support within the assigned areas of responsibility related to clinical HH services.
- Assists agencies in maintaining standardized procedures that provide for an independent, impartial, and objective system of surveys, clinical audits and reviews for use by the Operations and AccentCare mangers as appropriate.
- Assist in developing standardized, pro-active survey, clinical audit, and review procedures, data collection tools and reporting and follow-up processes for standard survey and reviews.
- Identify strengths and weaknesses and learning opportunities based on audit outcomes.
- Promotes adherence to applicable legal requirements, standards, policies and procedures.
- Promotes interdisciplinary approach to holistic care.
- Instructs and directs staff in developing and utilizing QI data, collections procedures, analysis, methods and systems.
- Identifies corporate resources and support for agency staff.
- Instructs agency personnel regarding compliance standards and best practices in the generation of appropriate, accurate and thorough documentation of patient care.
- Develops all necessary training programs, training materials and implementation schedule to meet agency goals.
- Determines best metrics for evaluating success (in preparation for audit and ongoing agency performance) and follow -up schedule.
- Assists agencies in developing quality plans to effectively facilitate change and compliance with company and accreditation standards and state and federal regulations.
- Coordinates services with Administrators/DPCS/RDO and GM’s.
- Builds and maintains appropriate relationships and communication with staff, co-workers and management
- Able to work effectively with and through corporate support teams; agency staff; peer groups; community resources; and local and state associations.
- Fosters a climate which encourages employees to bring forth issues without fear of retaliation.
- Gives prompt attention to customer needs
- Communicates consistently and effectively to include trends and outcomes from follow-up
- Properly reports concerns and suspected incidences of non-compliance.
- Competes all assigned tasks in a timely manner.
- Ensures timely and accurate reporting and responses to compliance-related issues and assists monitoring the implementation of corrective action plans related to such issues.
- Participates in divisional Quality Management and improvement meetings.
- Complies with applicable legal requirements, standards, policies and procedures including, but not limited to the Compliance Program: Code of Conduct, HIPAA and Documentation Standards.
- Maintains a commitment to the values and mission of Accent Care.
- Current Licensed RN in working state.
- Minimum 4 years of health care experience
- Minimum 2 years of Home Health experience
- Computer literate: working knowledge of Microsoft Office ( Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Knowledge of regulatory standards for the home health
- Knowledge of Quality Improvement, Utilization Review and Risk Management
- Excellent interpersonal/verbal and written communications skills and demonstrated relationship building skills
- Strong project management skills, with the ability to influence and problem solve
- Flexibility with job location and travel