Senior Manager, Mergers & Acquisition Accounting
Building Better Together. Bringing passion and purpose to all we do!
We have a bold vision to reimagine care. And that’s possible because of every individual team member. AccentCare believes investing in people and their opportunities produce more satisfying careers, personal growth, and better patient outcomes. In addition, we emphasize training and hiring a diverse workforce with the lived experience and skills to deliver culturally competent, inclusive care.
POSITION: Senior Manager, Mergers & Acquisition Accounting
The Senior Manager, Mergers & Acquisition Accounting will be a key member of the accounting team responsible for playing a critical role in the timely and accurate integration and consolidation of acquired entities. This individual will work with almost all departments and will need to have exceptional organizational and follow-up skills.
- Lead the end-to-end integration activities for Accounting/Finance on acquired entities and ensure the financial integrity of the financial reporting during the integration process.
- Understand the acquired Company’s processes and work with the appropriate teams to build roadmap for transition to AccentCare’s accounting policies.
- Work with appropriate teams to create roadmap for transition to AccentCare’s processes (processes include such areas as revenue, month end close, reporting, procure-to-pay, and reliance on outsourced service providers)
- Work with Corporate Development and others during the due diligence phases pre-acquisition and help manage risks that may impact post-acquisition integration activities from an Accounting perspective.
- Help resolve open risks and issues flagged in due diligence reports and manage successful outcomes.
- Work with integration team to support acquired Company’s Finance team in post-close activities and work with stakeholders to ensure key activities are completed in a timely manner
- Other ad-hoc Accounting requests and projects as needed
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting
- Active CPA required
- A combined 6+ years of experience is required (preferably at least 3+ years of experience with a Big 4 public accounting firm and additional 3+ years at a global Fortune 500 company, preferably in the medical device and/or life sciences industries is desired).
- Substantial experience in and working knowledge of authoritative U.S. GAAP technical accounting research and application
- Strong analytical, problem-solving skills and collaborative skills
- Must be able to make judgment calls regarding the resolution of issues
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; proficient in technical accounting writing ability
- Ability to multi-task on competing and deadline sensitive priorities
- Ability to work effectively with all levels in the organization.
- Strong organizational skills and process orientated.
- Ability to effectively manage process and collaborate across multi-functional dotted-line relationships.
- Travel: May or may not require business travel (up to 30-40%) and a valid Driver's License
- Superb interpersonal and communication skills with proven ability to build and maintain internal/external relationships.
- Combination of private industry and public accounting experience
- Exceptional planning and organizational skills
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills
- Experience with joint ventures
- Strong business acumen.
- Self-motivated, deadline-driven, ability to work autonomously with little oversight.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and meet strict reporting deadlines.
- Effective decision-making skills; can choose a prompt course of action amongst options involving uncertainty or risk
- Strong problem-solving skills; encourages new innovative solutions when appropriate
- Ability to build consensus amongst various stakeholders with competing priorities
- This position requires proof of the COVID-19 Vaccination as a condition of employment