Systems Administrator I
- Bachelor degree preferred in Information Technology, technical field, or 2 – 4 years of experience
- Certifications requested -
IT Infrastructure Library (ITIL) v3 accreditation.
Relevant and Current Operating System and Network Technology
qualifications i.e. MCSA, MCSE, MCNE, CCIE.
- Solid Understanding of:
- VMware Horizon VDI
- VMware Airwatch, Workspace One
- Windows 10 OS
- Android OS
- Microsoft Hyper-V
- Cisco UCS Environments
- Active Directory
- Microsoft Azure, Intune Auto-pilot, Office365, One-Drive
- Compliance software management with PDQ and Intune
- ITIL Service Management through Service Now
- Storage and Backup Solutions
- MDM Solutions
- VEEAM backup software or similar backup tool experience
- Microsoft M365 Licensing software – is a plus
- Excellent customer engagement focus skills working with enduser issues in a one on one basis or remote
interaction with remote management tools.
- Firm working knowledge of concepts, practices and procedures of Systems Administration and ability to use in varied situations for Windows, Chrome, and VDI images
- Intermediate ability to troubleshoot or diagnose problems and provide possible solutions
- Some project/process management skills
- Intermediate computer or technical ability, should show high levels of technical aptitude
- Advance equipment operation skills – should be able to use all office equipment and train end users
- Needs to be a very strong communicator both in person, on the phone and written. Has to be able to communicate with a wide variety of users to help them understand a situation
- Ability to work in a fast paced, multi-task environment with competing priorities
- Strong interpersonal/listening skills
- Proficient in interacting with and creating a collaborative working environment amongst and stakeholders at all levels of the organization
- Possess a responsible, detail-oriented, results-driven work ethic
WORK ENVIRONMENT/DEMANDS OF THE POSITION:
- Travel: up to 33% of time
- Physical Demand:
- Seldom (up to 33%): talking, walking, bending, stooping, climbing stairs/ladders, kneeling, squatting, crouching, crawling, balancing, reaching overhead, pushing/pulling/lifting over 50 pounds, driving
- Often (33-66%): sitting, operate office equipment, typing, hearing, listening, standing
- Nearly Continuously (> 66%): view computer screen
- Mental Demand: Moderate to high degree of concentration due to volume, complexity, and/or “pressure” of work.
- Working Conditions: Office environment. Clean working conditions with no disagreeable factors.