Salesforce Administrator- Dallas, TX
AccentCare, Inc.® is a national post-acute healthcare provider with over 45 years of industry experience. We thrive on providing patient-centric care and a warm and personalized experience within our local communities.
Your Success is our Success. We strive to provide our new employees with a structured on-boarding process to help you become assimilated quickly, and cutting-edge tools to make your daily work easier and more efficient. We offer extensive training and a wide-array of opportunities for continued education and promotional opportunities.
Position Title: Salesforce Administrator
Reports To: Salesforce Product Manager
Under the supervision of the Salesforce Product Manager, Salesforce Administrator will provide support to the organization through the customization and configuration of the Salesforce Health Cloud platform The Salesforce Administrator will be responsible for the executing on the day-to-day configuration, support, maintenance and improvement of our Salesforce platform. Manages all Salesforce user setup and deactivation. This position is strongly cross-functional in nature, requiring strong working relationships with multiple teams, including Data Analytics, User Experience, and Operations.
- Manage Salesforce security including roles, profiles, sharing rules, workflows, and groups. Maintain and customize Health Cloud applications.
- Manage operational requests and reporting including customer analysis and individual views, and troubleshoot issues.
· Evaluate new releases of Salesforce to determine functional requirements and provide detailed information on how changes will apply to all affected departments/users.
· Effectively act as the liaison between our users, vendors and the application development team.
- Collaborate with business stakeholders, understand their needs and communicate the team’s roadmap.
- Serve as the primary system administrator for the Salesforce environment and handle all administrative functions including user account maintenance, reports and dashboards, workflows and other routine tasks.
- Understands all aspects of Salesforce configuration and technical/functional capabilities, including all changes and potential system implications related to the Salesforce release upgrades.
- In-depth understanding of Data Model, schema and application development. Proficient in end-to-end software development methodology, and agile methodology.
- Maintains high-level familiarity with other IT system /business application capabilities and scope definition to make recommendations about potential integration.
- Comply with applicable legal requirements, standards, policies, and procedures including, but not limited to the Compliance Program: Code of Conduct, HIPAA, and Documentation Standards.
- Maintains a commitment to the values and mission of AccentCare.
- Additional responsibilities as assigned by one’s supervisor or other manager related to the position/department.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum two years of experience as a Salesforce.com administrator with Health Cloud focus a plus
- Experience with Salesforce Lightning
- Salesforce Administrator Certified
- Ability to display excellent customer service to meet the needs and expectations of both internal and external customers.
- Comprehensive knowledge of theories, concepts and practices and ability to use in complex, difficult and/or unprecedented situations.
- Advanced analytical skills - needs to be able to assess varying degrees of risk, both technical and non-technical in nature, and apply reasonable and economical solutions to mitigate identified risks to ensure compliance with industry applicable laws and regulations.
- Advanced project/process management skills – manage complex projects including design & implementation of security systems; development & maintain IT policies & procedures.
- Advanced Computer/Technical – strong knowledge of complex security systems.
- Ability to create complex documents, spreadsheet analysis models, and advanced graphics.
- Strong communication skills – must be able to tailor the message to all levels of the organization.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, multi-task environment with competing priorities.
- Excellent interpersonal/listening skills.
- Proficient in interacting with and creating a collaborative working environment amongst all stakeholders at all levels of the organization.
- Proficient in interacting with outside collaborators and stakeholders to exchange routine or detailed information to negotiate, collaborate, and/or resolve conflict.
- Possess a responsible, detail-oriented, results-driven work ethic.