Hospice Nurse Practitioner - Palliative - $8,000 Bonus Package - Fall River, MA
AccentCare, Inc.® is a national post-acute healthcare provider with 45 years of industry experience. We thrive on providing patient-centric care and a warm and personalized experience within our local communities.
Your Success is our Success. We strive to provide new employees with a structured on-boarding process to help you become assimilated quickly, and cutting-edge tools to make your daily work easier and more efficient. We offer extensive training and a wide-array of opportunities for continued education and promotional opportunities.
Position: Nurse Practitioner Hospice
Reports to: Clinical Supervisor
As a Nurse Practitioner you will:
- Support agency and corporate policies, goals, and objectives by promoting a positive working relationship between agency and corporate personnel ensuring communication of identified needs and potential solutions.
- Attend and participate in staff meetings, educational programs and community events, as requested.
- Complete recertification visits on each patient entering their 3rd benefit period or beyond (including admissions and transfers) and may be asked to complete emergency assessments (if patient has medical needs that require the skill of a nurse practitioner) on patients, as needed.
- Record observations, treatments, and other pertinent information and communicate with Medical Director, Attending Physician, DCS and IDT as directed regarding finding from the visits and any measures to alleviate symptoms.
- Educate patient, caregivers and family regarding; care of patient, disease process, dying process, symptom control and wound care.
- Nurse Practitioner with a current nurse practitioner license in state of employment with a minimum one year nursing practice or equivalent experience required
- Current CPR certification
- Hospice, Oncology, or Home Health or long-term care preferred
- Must have a valid driver’s license and auto liability insurance
- Ability to flex schedule to respond to emergency and/or temporary staffing needs for on call needs of the patients
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office programs
- Understanding of Hospice philosophy, principles of death/dying. Compliance with accepted professional standards and practices