Director of Clinical Operations-Float
AccentCare, Inc.® is a national post-acute healthcare provider with over 45 years of industry experience. We thrive on providing patient-centric care and a warm and personalized experience within our local communities.
Your Success is our Success. We strive to provide our new employees with a structured on-boarding process to help you become assimilated quickly, and cutting-edge tools to make your daily work easier and more efficient. We offer extensive training and a wide-array of opportunities for continued education and promotional opportunities.
Position Title: Director of Clinical Operations
Reports To: Vice President of Clinical Operations
As a Clinical Operations Director you will:
- Liaise with Operations departments to observe and assess areas for improvement for regional processes, Human Resources, Business Intelligence, IT, PMO team. Assist with establishing best practices for GM/OPEX, special projects, validate data, identify Subject Matter Experts (SME), and be a resource for operations functions for the PMO team.
- Perform comprehensive assessments and analysis of the clinical processes in the offices and develop education based on the needs and findings to support the branches on ways to improve the delivery of patient care.
- Guide the development of the organization’s process for eligibility, skilled need, development of care plan, and the delivery of care for our home health and hospice operations.
- Create SOPs and document these processes as needed for operational improvements. Support branches with both pre- and post-claim reviews as needed.
- Serve as an expert resource to the branches and regional leadership regarding Medicare COPs, company policy, Medicare episodic management, and key indicators.
- Keep branches aware of regulatory changes and guidelines when needed. Support the compliance functions. Provide support during state and accreditation surveys.
- Ensure that the branches are performing high-quality care that is reflected in the Star ratings. Identify trends in the delivery of care or operational deficiencies and provide feedback to correct any matters affecting the delivery of services.
- Comply with applicable legal requirements, standards, policies, and procedures including, but not limited to the Compliance Program: Code of Conduct, HIPAA, and Documentation Standards.
- Maintain a commitment to the values and mission of AccentCare.
- Additional responsibilities as assigned by one’s supervisor or other manager related to the position/department
- 5 – 10 years of home health experience
- Bachelor’s degree or commensurate work experience accepted
- Must have RN license from any state in which AccentCare operates
- Master’s degree preferred
- Ability to travel up to 80% of business days, to multiple states
- Comprehensive knowledge of theories, concepts, and practices and ability to use in complex, difficult, and/or unprecedented situations
- Ability to apply highly proficient and specialized skills that allow the employee to function in situations that are varied, complex, and/or non-routine
- Advanced planning and project management skills, excellent time management, prioritization, and organizational skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, multi-task environment with competing priorities
- Excellent problem solving and task analysis skills
- Advanced ability to interact and create a collaborative working environment amongst and stakeholders at all levels of the organization
- Possess a responsible, detail-oriented, results-driven work ethic