Accounts Receivable Specialist
AccentCare is looking for passionate clinicians committed to delivering exceptional care in the home.
We are committed to quality patient outcomes—delivering evidence-based care in the home—and providing comprehensive training to further develop our staff along with continuing education and promotional opportunities.
Come join the AccentCare team and Make A Difference every day.
As an Accounts Receivable Specialist, you will:
- Initiate billing on assigned claims in an expeditious manner, whether through hard copy claims or electronic format. Maintain control of claims billed and pending to ensure full accountability for all claims.
- Follow-up on all unpaid claims within the required timeframe. Submit all necessary level of appeals and maintain documentation of all collection activity. Advise AR Manager of workload problems, which may prevent timely, follow up on accounts.
- Work EOB/remittance advices on a daily basis to identify denials or short paid claims. Work with branch office designee on eligibility issues and necessary documentation to ensure timely collection of accounts.
- Demonstrate aggressive yet conscientious collection efforts. Request approval for account adjustments as appropriate.
- Resolve credit balances on a monthly basis and timely submission of refund request documentation to AR Manager
- Submit completed refund request documentation to AR Manager within time designated by management.
- Perform all other duties as assigned by AR Management team.
- High School graduate or equivalent
- Minimum 2 year’s experience with Medicare insurance billing and AR related duties
- Home Health – Accounts Receivable experience preferred
- Medicare DDE computer billing system experience needed
- Must have good computer skills (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Must have valid proof of identification and employment authorization