RN Field Compliance Specialist - Hospice
HOSPICE Compliance RN Field Specialist
Corporate Compliance Department – Full Time
** RN required
**Hospice Palliative Care Certification (CHPN) preferred
** 25%-40% travel may be required
Challenging opportunity to join our compliance team as a hospice compliance RN field specialist and resource to proactively identify, and investigate compliance issues as part of our compliance program. This position reports to the Manager of Corporate Compliance.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (Essential Functions include but are not limited to)
- Oversee timely and adequate investigation of hospice compliance incidents. Organize, track and resolve compliance matters as they arise. Investigate and case manage careline complaints pertaining to hospice concerns, coordinate appropriate members of the investigative team.
- Collaborate with compliance team members to implement the compliance program. Proactively identify systemic issues and recommend solutions to update compliance materials, policies, and standard operating procedures.
- Educate hospice agency directors and employees on ways to detect, prevent, report, and resolve instances of conflict of interest, fraud, waste, and abuse, HIPAA privacy violations, and other compliance concerns in the hospice environment. Assist with privacy officer designee program.
- Collaborate with the hospice team as a compliance resource on projects to appropriately manage length of stay, promote quality, and identify risks and trends. Identify improvement opportunities by participation in LOS calls and IDT meetings when applicable. Assist in compiling reports on hospice issues.
- Assist in development of hospice compliance learning materials and provide compliance educational offerings; provide webinars and in-services as needed.
- Conduct focus audits to monitor compliance with laws and regulations, policies and procedures as indicated. Monitor and track completion of training and other compliance requirements.
- Monitor industry regulatory changes and distribute related communications. Coordinate with internal resources to identify compliance with laws and regulations relating to new or revised products and service offerings.
- Active Registered Nurse (R.N. license)
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in hospice
- Experience conducting compliance investigations, auditing, and monitoring
- Experience developing and implementing policies and procedures, creating reports
- Meeting facilitation and presentation skills
- Excellent analytical, written and oral communication skills
- The ideal candidate should have excellent organizational skills and be detail oriented
- Knowledge and technical proficiency with Microsoft Office applications to include Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Bachelor degree in nursing, health care administration, or related health care field
- CHPN Hospice Palliative Care Organization Certification
- HCCA Health Care Compliance Association membership
Requires exceptional communication skills, documentation skills, and project management skills.