Sr Technical Accounting Reporting Analyst
Building Better Together. Bringing passion and purpose to all we do!
We have a bold vision to reimagine care. And that’s possible because of every individual team member. AccentCare believes investing in people and their opportunities produce more satisfying careers, personal growth, and better patient outcomes. In addition, we emphasize training and hiring a diverse workforce with the lived experience and skills to deliver culturally competent, inclusive care.
Position: Sr. Technical Accounting & Reporting Analyst
The Senior, Technical Accounting & Reporting Analyst position is responsible for drafting white papers and researching guidance. Responsibilities also include ensuring all financial information is captured timely, completely, and reported accurately, both internally and externally. Person will be responsible for ensuring proper internal controls are in place and being followed. The ideal candidate will bring a demonstrated history of understanding purchase price accounting, technical accounting as well as other projects, and systems to deliver the support and solutions required in a rapidly growing business.
- Draft white papers on Company transactions
- Research guidance related to Company transactions
- Assist with coordination of valuation requests
- Perform purchase price accounting related to acquisitions
- Assist with review of net working capital adjustments
- Review and assess all new ASU issued.
- Accountable for ensuring that policies and procedures (internal controls) are properly followed to provide reasonable assurance that the company assets are protected.
- Ensures that company financial records, under responsibility, are maintained in compliance with company policies and US GAAP. Responsible for reviewing monthly/quarterly account reconciliations and other documents to ensure this compliance.
- Assist in the development of new policies and procedures and implement with training and guidance to the organization as necessary.
- Handle special technical accounting projects, taking full responsibility for the administration and integrity of the project, along with ability to timely and appropriately communicate status updates, roadblocks, and all other pertinent information to leadership.
- Experience working in a healthcare environment preferred
- At least 2-3 years of experience as an Senior Accountant or Reporting Analyst, preferably in a company with $750+ million in revenue
- This position requires an undergraduate degree in accounting.
- Public accounting experience highly preferred
- CPA required.
- Strong knowledge of technical accounting, GAAP, audit, and internal control
- Experience using Great Plains, FCCS, and Workiva software are all highly preferred.
- MS Office Proficiency - Advanced Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint skills in particular
- Ability To Travel up to 10% as needed, all Domestic US
- Must have a track record of managing multiple priorities simultaneously in a dynamic, fast-growing company.
- Superb leadership and management capabilities; detail oriented, highly motivated, and analytical thinker who understands how to blend accounting compliance and reporting with business support.
- Must possess a high level of technical and problem-solving skills to complement a strong leadership and management skill set.
- Ability to work well with multiple departments and individuals with varying backgrounds and skillsets.
- Commitment to high standards, integrity, and ethics.
- Tremendously proactive, customer/results focused high achiever, delivers on commitments. Desire to champion best practices.
- Strong team and service orientation.
- Ability to motivate others.
- Great presentation skills are a must. Excellent analytical, organizational, verbal, written, and interpersonal skills.
- Can say no and has the ability, when saying no, to offer alternate ways to reach the goal.
- Team player with a cooperative attitude.
- High sense of urgency!