Certified Home Health Aide
As a Certified Home Health Aide you will:
- Communicate effectively with patients, supervisors and co-workers.
- Utilize basic knowledge to carry out agency philosophy and goals of agency in provision of patient care.
- Document observations and provision of care according to agency policy/procedure.
- Maintain a clean, safe, healthy environment and assist in teaching family members and patient’s ways to simplify household tasks and cope with disabilities.
- Recognize the physical, emotional, and developmental characteristics of the populations served by agency, including need for respect for the patient, his/her privacy and his/her property.
Requirements of Qualified Candidates:
- This position requires a current Home Health Aide/Nurse Aide Certificate if required by the state in which the aide is employed
- Home Health Aide Certification meeting HCFA requirements plus one (1) year experience as Home Health Aide and successful completion of competency evaluation
- Must possess and maintain valid CPR certification while employed in a clinical role
- Ability to perform tasks involving physical activity (which may include heavy lifting and extensive bending and standing)
- Must be a licensed driver with an automobile that is insured in accordance with state and/or organization requirements and is in good working order