Clinical Liaison Operations LVN
AccentCare is looking for passionate clinicians committed to delivering exceptional care in the home.
We are committed to quality patient outcomes—delivering evidence-based care in the home—and providing comprehensive training to further develop our staff along with continuing education and promotional opportunities.
Come join the AccentCare team and Make A Difference every day.
As a Clinical Liaison Operations LPN, you will:
- Promote and maintain optimal client care under the supervision of an RN and maintain a safe patient environment.
- Identify and communicate significant abnormalities in patient’s data to case manager and other appropriate home health team members.
- Administer prescribed medications and treatments as permitted by law. Assess all medicines a client may be taking to identify possible ineffective drug therapy or adverse reactions, significant side effects, drug allergies, contraindicated medications and reports any problems to the physician.
- Re-evaluate client’s nursing needs and reports findings to Case Manager.
- Counsel and instruct the client and family in meeting nursing and related needs.
- Prepare clinical and progress notes.
- Submit all documentation in a timely manner in accordance with agency policy and ensure documentation on patients’ chart correlates with nursing care plan.
- Communicate frequently and works closely with other home care team members.
- Assist in coordinating services provided to client.
- Rotate work schedule with other LVN’s/LPN’s and RN’s (i.e., week-end, on-call and holiday work).
- Assist in referring to appropriate community resources for continuity of client care.
- Participate in required clinical team conference with other home care staff.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Maintain effective communication with patients, caregivers and referral sources as well as field and office staff.
- Ensure written communications are clear and concise.
- Comply with applicable legal requirements, standards, policies and procedures including, but not limited to the Compliance Program: Code of Conduct, HIPAA and Documentation Standards.
- Maintain a commitment to the values and mission of Accent Care.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Requirements of Qualified Candidates:
- Minimum of 1-year patient care experience required
- Licensed Practical Nurse - Required
- Knowledge of Medicare Advance health plans, ACO’s, IPA’s, ALF’s and LTC
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with quick response time
- Excellent interpersonal/listening skills
- Proficient in interacting with and creating a collaborative working environment at all levels of the organization
- Possess a responsible, detail-oriented, results-driven work ethic