Clinical Educator - RN - Home Health
AccentCare is looking for passionate clinicians committed to delivering exceptional care in the home.
We are committed to quality patient outcomes—delivering evidence-based care in the home—and providing comprehensive training to further develop our staff along with continuing education and promotional opportunities.
Come join the AccentCare team and Make A Difference every day.
Position: Clinical Educator
Reports to: Director of Operations/Training
As a Clinical Educator you will:
- Act as a trainer and resource to other nurses and/or colleagues
- Provide direct guidance relating to clinical practice, education, assessment, evaluation, quality performance improvement and direct clinical care in the patient’s home environment
- Demonstrates advanced assessment skills
- Anticipate and understand the impact of nursing care on patient outcomes
- Coach and train regarding changes to established protocols and processes
- Monitor and assure appropriate patient scheduling protocols for assigned agencies
Requirements of Qualified Candidates:
- Current unrestricted RN license (BSN preferred) to practice in the state (s) required
- Minimum of two years of experience as an RN
- Possess and maintain CPR certification
- One year home care experience required, excellent knowledge of home care regulations required
- One year of experience providing teaching/training to clinical staff preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to plan, organize, implement and evaluate clinician work in a home healthcare setting.
- Demonstrated ability to instruct in small groups and one to one.
- Demonstrated experience utilizing effective interpersonal communication, organizational and priority-setting skills.
- Strong clinical background in Home Health is required.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Must be able to deal with a challenging work environment from time demands and conflicting priorities.
- This position requires a working knowledge of Medicare Conditions of Participation for home health care, California Department of Health Title XXII regulations, home care accreditation standards, OIG Work Plan and HIPAA regulations in addition to knowledge of population with advanced illness care needs.
- Ability to maintain a positive and professional image at all times.