Hospice Nurse Practitioner - PRN - Livingston, Cleveland, Humble
Location: Cleveland, Livingston, Woodville and surrounding area
AccentCare is looking for passionate clinicians committed to delivering exceptional care in the home.
We are committed to quality patient outcomes—delivering evidence-based care in the home—and providing comprehensive training to further develop our staff along with continuing education and promotional opportunities.
Come join the AccentCare team and Make A Difference every day.
Position: Nurse Practitioner Hospice
Reports to: Clinical Supervisor
As a Nurse Practitioner you will:
* Support agency and corporate policies, goals, and objectives by promoting a positive working relationship between agency and corporate personnel ensuring communication of identified needs and potential solutions.
* Attend and participate in staff meetings, educational programs and community events, as requested.
* Complete recertification visits on each patient entering their 3rd benefit period or beyond (including admissions and transfers) and may be asked to complete emergency assessments (if patient has medical needs that require the skill of a nurse practitioner) on patients, as needed.
* Record observations, treatments, and other pertinent information and communicate with Medical Director, Attending Physician, DCS and IDT as directed regarding finding from the visits and any measures to alleviate symptoms.
* Educate patient, caregivers and family regarding; care of patient, disease process, dying process, symptom control and wound care.
Requirements of Qualified Candidates:
* Nurse Practitioner with a current nurse practitioner license in state of employment with a minimum one year nursing practice or equivalent experience required
* Current CPR certification
* Hospice, Oncology, or Home Health or long-term care preferred
* Must have a valid driver’s license and auto liability insurance
* Ability to flex schedule to respond to emergency and/or temporary staffing needs for on call needs of the patients
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Proficiency with Microsoft Office programs
* Understanding of Hospice philosophy, principles of death/dying. Compliance with accepted professional standards and practices