AccentCare, Inc.® is a national post-acute healthcare provider with 45 years of industry experience. We thrive on providing patient-centric care and a warm and personalized experience within our local communities.
Your Success is our Success. We strive to provide new employees with a structured on-boarding process to help you become assimilated quickly, and cutting-edge tools to make your daily work easier and more efficient. We offer extensive training and a wide-array of opportunities for continued education and promotional opportunities.
Position: Community Liaison CML Brooklyn NY
Reports to: Executive Director
As a Community Liaison you will:
- Manage HCHB workflow for tasks related to physician orders. This includes daily processing of workflow tasks that result in generation of orders needing to be sent or re-sent to the physician for signature.
- Organize orders and send or deliver to each physician using his/her preferred method for receiving orders.
- Coordinate with physician offices to identify changes in preferred delivery method and/or ways the process can be streamlined with physician office agreement.
- Track outstanding orders and complete follow-up tasks per the established process, including escalation as needed.
- Assist internal stakeholders as needed with obtaining non-orders documentation from external stakeholders who must provide it.
- Complete the orders management process for signed orders by receiving the orders, processing them as received into the EMR, and facilitating attachment based on order type. Communicate receipt of orders to other stakeholders based on the circumstances of each patient case.
- Participate in meetings with branch staff and other support staff to assist in AR efforts. CML is responsible for adequate preparation, active participation, and completed follow-up associated with the meetings.
- Comply with applicable legal requirements, standards, policies and procedures including, but not limited to the Compliance Program: Code of Conduct, HIPAA and Documentation Standards.
- Maintain a commitment to the values and mission of AccentCare.
- Additional responsibilities as assigned by one’s supervisor or other manager related to the position/department.
Requirements of Qualified Candidates:
- 1 – 3 years of experience
- High school diploma required
- Vocational or technical training in Healthcare-related certification (CNA, MA) preferred
- Able to identify opportunities for building rapport with customers and customer staff
- Able to use basic critical thinking skills to solve orders issues that arise while performing daily activities, which includes escalation to an appropriate person as needed
- Able to manage his/her time sufficiently to complete daily tasks as expected and ensure timely followup for orders at designated time points and other times as needed
- Able to effectively communicate with internal and external stakeholders regarding orders management activities. S/he will be part of a branch team that communicates with support and service center staff who may be involved also.
- Ability to effectively communicate using written communication (email) is required
- A basic understanding of computers and be able to learn the EMR system for daily activities
- Ability to work in a fast paced, multi-task environment with competing priorities
- Willingness to take on new projects and initiatives
- Excellent problem solving and task analysis skills
- Proficient in interacting with and creating a collaborative working environment amongst and stakeholders at all levels of the organization
- Able to utilize customer service skills to adapt to multiple different scenarios s/he may encounter during a workday
- Ability to demonstrate appropriate responses to difficult situations posed by external or internal stakeholders